2002 sedan tail lights

02civic kid

02civic kid
5+ Year Member
just want to know if anyone knows a site that gives good instructions on removing original tail lights and installing some after markets ones......

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wow...it's very simple....you just have to get a socket wrench, remove like 4 bolts, and pop them out, and repeat the process...

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I believe you take them out from the trunk dude... just pop your trunk.. pull back the carpet some and look for bolts... should be pretty simple.

eharkins

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you HAVE to take off the bumper to remove your lights. there is one screw from the bottom that you can't get to unless you remove the bumper. i have some pictures on here somewhere if you need them just let me know.

02civic kid

02civic kid
5+ Year Member
bumper?

eharkins said:
you HAVE to take off the bumper to remove your lights. there is one screw from the bottom that you can't get to unless you remove the bumper. i have some pictures on here somewhere if you need them just let me know.
I would like to see the pics cause it would help give me a visual of what i got to do.

02civic kid

02civic kid
5+ Year Member
no need to remove bumper

eharkins said:
I did the tail light switch today. and yes there is a bracket that is under the lights that hold the stock light in......but u dont have to take off the bumber to get at the screw u need to take off. All you do is go under the car and directly beneath the light and unscrew the middle screw of the black bracket. Then lift the light up and push down on the two clips that you can see between the light and the body

manahoonie

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
unless your car is on stands, it's hard to do that (position a flash light, lay down so you can see it, reach up there, probably blind, and try to unscrew it)

it's just easier to take off the bumper...

2000exCivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its mad easy just take the carpet lining out in the back and its a few nuts and your good but double gasket the altezza ones cause the get condensation in them