2002 Si Veloz D17 Over Heating

waste_0f_mind

5+ Year Member
Hi maybe somebody can help me with this.

I have a 2002 civic Si Veloz, and today when I was driving through town the temperature shot up and I had to pull over and let the engine cool down. took my time getting home never letting the temp go past 3/4 of the way up but i didn't have any heat coming from the vents.

the rad fluid has been changed there doesn't seem to be any leaks, checked the seals they're all snugg.

any thoughts?

Also I've been wanting to drop in a B16 engine but I have no idea where to start looking in the ottawa region or how much this might cost.

thanks

K.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Good LUCK putting a b16 in your car.

TippinOver

reppin the 2StockCrew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hi maybe somebody can help me with this.

I have a 2002 civic Si Veloz, and today when I was driving through town the temperature shot up and I had to pull over and let the engine cool down. took my time getting home never letting the temp go past 3/4 of the way up but i didn't have any heat coming from the vents.

the rad fluid has been changed there doesn't seem to be any leaks, checked the seals they're all snugg.

any thoughts?

Also I've been wanting to drop in a B16 engine but I have no idea where to start looking in the ottawa region or how much this might cost.

thanks

K.

what you just said...makes no sense at all. to anyone.

if you have an 02 civic Si, then you will have the k20a3 engine. which (while still being the shitbox of k series engines) is better than the b16.

if you have a 02 civic hx/dx/ex...then you have a d17 single cam motor. which you should swap for a k series motor. can't put a b series into that generation...and if you could....why?!?

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member

if you have an 02 civic Si, then you will have the k20a3 engine. which (while still being the shitbox of k series engines) is better than the b16.

if you have a 02 civic hx/dx/ex...then you have a d17 single cam motor. which you should swap for a k series motor. can't put a b series into that generation...and if you could....why?!?
he lives in canada so his si is the equivalent of our ex

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i had an overheating problem with mine also
blew 2 headgaskets
the second time the motor locked up
so im gettin a new engine

waste_0f_mind

5+ Year Member
either way Si "CND" or EX "US" I brought it into my garage and gave it a close look. for what ever reason one i'm sure I could never make sense of, my rad seems dry and my overflow container is full! WTF!

time for a new rad?

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member

What Jon said, he lives in Canada so his Si is a US EX. You left out the LX and VP trims. And the "shitbox" of k-series engines is still a damn good engine.

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
either way Si "CND" or EX "US" I brought it into my garage and gave it a close look. for what ever reason one i'm sure I could never make sense of, my rad seems dry and my overflow container is full! WTF!

time for a new rad?
either that or a new water pump
mine looked like s**t when we took my engine apart
that might have been my problem

sr6000

still a D
Do a leak down test on your cylinders. My head gasket blew just a couple of weeks ago. Replaced it had the head squared up and everything fine now. Good luck. I had the same symptoms.