2004 EM2 D17 Build Questions/Help

SB_23_

To start it off i know the very basics of cars.

I just recently bought this 2004 Civic LX Coupe, 80k came from texas besides last two years almost mint condition.

What i wanted to do was minor engine work and keep the stock engine to save money and dont need it to have a race car.

My plans were intake, exhaust, and whatever minor engine stuff that would be reasonable.
Either a lip kit/body kit, rims, lower it to have it clean. Im going to save up and start the build after april.

Was looking into weapon r intake and greddy evo 2 catback. Id want full headers back done. and as for the lips/body kit my dad test driving it hit a snowbank and f**ked the rear bumper up and is paying to fix it so im using his money in the spring towards the lip/kit i get and hed pay for the paint(lucked out) ill attatch the kit i was interested in and i dont want to f**k with any o2 sensors if the evo 2 doesnt fit that model car i just want a nice deep non ricer sounding exhaust to draw the least amount of attention. so if anyone has ideas or part suggestions please tell me i could use your help.
http://www.kaminari.com/honda-civic-full-lip-kit-2004

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You're better off going on YT and looking at your model car with various types of exhausts. It'll be hard to get away from the loud raspy sound (when you decide to really get on the throttle) since it is just a single cam motor pushing really low power. Having a header will also make the engine sound more notable, however might give it a little more throaty sound than when paired with just an exhaust only.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Also, look at smaller diameter exhaust tip outlets, they'll create a more subtle sound at lower RPMs.

For example, the Magnaflow exhaust sound pretty good.