2005 Civic LX Camshaft burr + Cam Seal replacement

Craig B

Hello Folks,

I have a 2005 Civic LX Coupe well taken care of. 194,000 Miles. I have just recently had the cam seal replaced at my local trusted mechanic as well as the oil pan. He has replaced cam seal twice and it continues to leak. He wrote me a note that there is a burr on the cam shaft. The car runs perfect and is well maintained. Oil changes, timing belt changed etc. Its a standard shift if that matters. I spoke to another mechanic I use in another town where I work. This man has torn down and rebuilt several motors. This is my daughters college car so money is tight. This mechanic told me with the burr on the camshaft it would continue to leak even if I replaced it again with the information I told him above. I don't have any details about the burr as I am just working with the information I have. I have previously replace the cam seal plug and that is not leaking. Any input or insight would be appreciated. Should I bring this elsewhere and get the cam seal replaced so it doesn't leak? Or will this cam seal leak unless I replace the cam itself?