2005 dx-g 4 sedan exhaust

stealthbass

5+ Year Member
I was wondering if anyone knows if the mega power exhaust made by skunk2 for the EX would fit the DX ? Thanks, search results turned up nothing

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
If Im not mistaken, it will fit. But if you want a cat, you will have to an EX header converstion??
Someone correct me if Im wrong.

BlownGasket

Civic From Hell
5+ Year Member
You are correct. And stealthbass. If you do any EX to LX or DX conversion as far as headers go. you have to get an EX Cat somehow. because the LX and DX cats and headers are all one piece. the EX headers and cat are two. its not a big deal. but i would go junk yard diving if i were you. cuz Honda will charge you a shitload if you wnat to get one from them. if you want a new one. then go with honda. but one off of a wrecked one should do just fine. of course if there isnt any front end damage. its a simple enough swap. i did mine myself. DC-s headers to an EX cat and 2.25" pipe all the way back to an N1 muffler with a 4" tip. custom fab exhaust. fun simple and easy. PM me how it goes. i might could give some Install tips.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
All of the junkyards that I go to take the cats out along with the fuel tank, I dont remember if its state law or federal law, probably state.
Also, you could spend a little bit more and get something like a Megan header and downpipe :what:.

BlownGasket

Civic From Hell
5+ Year Member
yeah but if he gets a meghan header or downpipe. where is he going to put the cat. Wait.... do yall's state require passing smog?? if not then get the header and downpipe. i live in GA where there is only like 3 counties out of like 200 that you dont have to get emmissions.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
He wouldnt have a cat. Not exactly sure what the emmission laws are in Canada. Or rather than the downpipe, he can just get a Magnaflow high flow cat. Just a suggestion, trying to give him more options than digging in a junkyard :what:.

Edit: Nothing wrong with junkyarding, I do it all the time. But I have yet to find an EM2 in a junkyard.....and as I stated earlier, all the junkyards here in Jersey take the cats out, state law.

BlownGasket

Civic From Hell
5+ Year Member
yeah. i know. i looked forever to find an EM2. and i finally found one as they were pulling it into the junk yard. and i asked them for the cat. they said if i took it off myself i could have it. it had been accordiand from the rear by a semi. they didnt want to fool with it cuz the guys blood were still in the front seat. so i parted out everything i dared and went on about my exhaust. lol. but he could get a high flowcat. and then he could somehow fab it on himself. good suggestion. thats what i thought about doing. but it would have been too loud where i live.