2005 Honda Civic

mo khan

Hi All, Just joined this forum and hope someone can help.

I recently bought a 2005 Honda Civic Se privately, its a 1 owner car with only 63k on the clock.

I have noticed for the last few days that when I accelerate and about to change gear, I hear this creek groan noise from the rear of the car. This sound also comes if I were to brake, especially when the car is coming to a stop or turn a corner, either way very slowly. Its getting rather annoying. Ive also noticed when the weight gets pushed forward in the car, thats when it comes but its definently coming from the rear.

I took it to a garage and after a test drive, the mechanic advised that its the rear anti roll bar bushes that need replacing. I would like to know if anyone else has had this experience and what solved this noise. The car is in great condition underneath.

It doesn't come when I go over a speed bump and also when its driving, it just coasts very smoothly without a single noise.

Can someone point me in the right direction or even advise what to do.

Much Appreciated

Mo =)

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Problem with something like this is that it is impossible to diagnose and determine what a sound is doing or what it means by reading words over the internet. This is something that you are going to have to get a shop to look at (if you aren't confident in the shop you took it to, get a second opinion from a different shop) or have a friend try and get the sound to replicate while you inspect the car.

Sway bar bushings go out all the time. If that is what it is, replace them. They are cheap and easy to fix. Bushing like that are a wear item.