2006 Honda Civic EX Sedan - Clutch Replacement

Schatz333

Hi -

this is my first post.

I have a 2006 Honda Civic EX Sedan - Manual Transmission with 130,000 miles. I need a clutch replacement. My technician provided me with an estimate of $1,800 to $1,900. He explained that he has to take the transmission apart in order to replace the clutch and two other parts (I believe he said: pressure plate and release bearing). This includes a 3 year warranty.

Does this seem reasonable? I feel it seems a bit pricey.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sylvia

Schatz333

The transmission must be removed, not dissassembled.

The mechanic’s price is way too high. Compare prices at other reputable shops.
Hi there -
thank you so much for replying. Around what should the cost be?

Schatz333

Ballpark $600-$700 range
Hi - thanks again for replying. I called around and found a reputable shop with great ratings. They quoted me around $750. Other places quoted me anywhere from $700 to $1,200. I am surprised it is this inexpensive. But happily surprised.

ReMiXeDg

That original price you posted in your first post is way over and above the average price.

$700 sounds much more reasonable and I highly double the first mechanic you went to will stand by his 3 yr warranty on a clutch.

What's needed to be done is to separate the transmission from the engine and then the clutch/ flywheel and bearing will be in the middle of that.

It can be a quick job if the technician doing it know what he's doing. Can be done in a days worth of work.