2006 Ranger

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
I hate ford, but this is different than most rangers so I guess its worth staying around lol. I'm done with flaming, in for this.

Assault800

I like snow.
Registered VIP
Haha I hate Honda :p
But they are reliable and I respect that. And I almost bought one because of that.

The ranger is the civic of ford, meaning it's the reliable tough as nails vehicle they have haha.

Anyways, to answer some questions that in dash cost me $420 after taxes. Original price was $599 before taxes.

Ok, Well, took those damn ugly steps off!!

Before:

After:

Assault800

I like snow.
Registered VIP
Not too big on the screen on the grill, but other than that she's lookin pretty good :D

:thumbs up
Haha yeah me either. But I'll leave it on for now, the grille has a crack in it, so till I get around to fixing that I'll leave it.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Haha I hate Honda :p
But they are reliable and I respect that. And I almost bought one because of that.

The ranger is the civic of ford, meaning it's the reliable tough as nails vehicle they have haha.
I just don't like working on them is all. Too many problems with intakes/spark plugs in the 4.6 and 5.4. Does yours have the 4.0?

Avant Uprising

GONE FISHIN
Registered VIP
I just don't like working on them is all. Too many problems with intakes/spark plugs in the 4.6 and 5.4. Does yours have the 4.0?
Thats where ford made a mistake ditching the 5.0 and 5.8 for the 4.6/5.4 the 4.0 is a really good engine

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Assault800

I like snow.
Registered VIP
Yeah I've got the 4.0
The first few years of the 4.6/5.4 I wouldn't even go near. The later years were much better.

But yeah I'm glad I have the 4.0! Super reliable engine. Easy to work on etc.

At least they brought back the 5.0 and the 5.8!!!

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Ya man I gotta admit the new mustangs are pretty beast! (oops that slipped). The 4.0 is solid.

Assault800

I like snow.
Registered VIP
Haha I'd kill for a new 5.0 stang.
Soooo fast.

Anyways, hoping to get my head unit/sub/amp/possibly door speakers installed next week.

Avant Uprising

GONE FISHIN
Registered VIP
Haha I'd kill for a new 5.0 stang.
Soooo fast.

Anyways, hoping to get my head unit/sub/amp/possibly door speakers installed next week.
I use to work for ford so many problems with the new stangs standard tranny they almost did a recall I believe. Get that audio installed!!!

Avant Uprising

GONE FISHIN
Registered VIP
They put out a service bulletin and have a fix out for it now I beleive.
Thats what happens when they let the chinese build it. Ive had a few explorers they are tanks and look dope with a lift and bigger tires

Assault800

I like snow.
Registered VIP
My plan eventually, probably in a few moths, Is a 3" body lift and 33" tires.

Will look good.

Avant Uprising

GONE FISHIN
Registered VIP
My plan eventually, probably in a few moths, Is a 3" body lift and 33" tires.

Will look good.
Hell yeah 3 inch should still keep everything geometrical and the 33's will give good ground clearance just might end up with bumper gap

Assault800

I like snow.
Registered VIP
Yeah it's just a body lift, so won't put any strain on muc stuff at all, may need longer brake cables and such, bumper brackets come with the kit. As do gap fillers for between the frame and body so you won't see a gap.

Should look good and provide the needed clearance for a nice set of 33x12.50x15 tires :D

Currently it's got 31x11.5(I think)x15's

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Are you not concerned with throwing off your speedometer? Or do you have a way around it?

Reason I'm asking is I just ordered some falken wild peak a/t tires in factory size, even though I'm also going to lift 2", just to keep my speedometer accurate. Also partially to keep gas mileage as best I can

Last edited:

Assault800

I like snow.
Registered VIP
Im getting a tuner. Allows to change tire size so speedometer stays accurate. Also changes shift points, shift firmness, etc etc.

Gains are about 13 HP, 17 lb ft torque, and around 2 mpg

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dude, those are nasty. How much each??

Assault800

I like snow.
Registered VIP
they run about $240 a pop. not to bad.

may get these instead though

little better lifespan on these ones. just as aggressive. about 10lbs heavier per tire though. so 50lbs extra if i get these.

Assault800

I like snow.
Registered VIP
decided to test my RAM suction cup mount on various places today since it was a windy cold day. took it down a rough backroad to see if it would hold. and it held perfectly!

pretty boring video buy ill post it anyways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0m5TRnCaFk&hd=1