2008 Civic Lx Dash Problems

Riley Vines

Hey Civic drivers

Last night I was driving on the highway when suddenly for no reason my Civics dashboard goofed up. I drive a 2008 Honda Civic Lx. Right now, the dashboard is displaying that brights are on (when they are not) the oil light is on, the "side air bag off" light is on, and a few others. Also, the temp gauge and gas gauge are always empty, with the orange gas light blinking. Speedometer is stuck at 0 no matter what speed you are going. Also, the tachometer is stuck at about 2200, no matter how hard you rev the engine. The car is still running fine. It will not display the "headlights on" light (sorry for the terminology, not really a car guy.) whether they are on or off.

Any ideas?
Thank you

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Before you do anything I'm about to say, did anything change before this happened? Did you or anyone else do any kind of work tot he car?

Sounds like a faulty ground. Easiest way to start finding these issues is to pull one fuse at a time and see what changes. Once you find the faulted circuit you can narrow down the problem area and start testing for continuity between one end of the circuit and the ground location for that circuit.

ralphwj

2006 Civic Hybrid - dash cluster not working: Whoever suggested that I disconnect the battery and then reconnect it is a gosh darn genius! My dash cluster was out. The high beam icon was on all of the time, even when the car was off. Gas gauge was zero and the gas icon was blinking. No odometer. No Speedometer. Everything was dark. Took the negative pole off the battery and then put it right back on - voilà! Fixed. Maybe the computer needed a re-boot. Anyway YAY!!!