2008 civic Si cylinder head service bulletin.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
There is a new service bulletin for the 2008 civic SI coupe's only, teh sedan is not effected.

Twenty-four (24) customer owned 2008 Civic Si’s may have the wrong exhaust rocker arm shaft installed in the cylinder head and need to be repaired. Six (6) additional vehicles have already been repaired.

AHM said:
Basic Problem

Thirty (30) Civic Si engines were assembled with the wrong exhaust rocker arm shaft due to a mistake on the engine assembly line. This exhaust rocker arm shaft does not properly align with the oil supply holes in the cylinder head.

Campaign Information

Service Bulletin will be issued on 5/16/08 to support this campaign. The Service Bulletin will detail a complete cylinder head replacement. A customer letter will be mailed to each owner on 5/19/08 and a phone call will also be made to each customer.
if you want to know if your SI coupe is effected just PM me with your Vin and i can check for you.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
what are the chances of finding those peeps before they screw it up...

btw are all K-Series engines built and manufactured in Japan?

si-freak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so we would of recieved a letter by now right?.....mines is a 08 coupe but i bought it last year in sept. could it still be affected.?

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
what are the chances of finding those peeps before they screw it up...

btw are all K-Series engines built and manufactured in Japan?
according to honda's window stickers, yes the k20z3 is made in japan, guess that makes it jdm ,lol, not really.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
so we would of received a letter by now right?.....mines is a 08 coupe but i bought it last year in sept. could it still be affected.?
if you have not received a letter then your not effected.