2008 CIvic Steering wheel off to Right

marcjones

5+ Year Member
Hi, I have a new 2008 Civic LX and was wondering if anyone else is having problems with a misaligned steering wheel? When driving down the highway the wheel is at about the 1:00 position to the right. When driving around town it's only slightly off to the right. I have had it checked out twice at the dealership and they said nothing is wrong with it. The highways in Toronto do slope a bit (left lane slopes up to the right, the right lane slopes down to the right). You would think that if it's going to turn the wheel to the right when sloping up to the right then it should go the opposite the other way...but that's not the case.

Anyone know what's going on with this thing? The dealership has rotated the tires, checked the allignment and apparently all is well. Is this normal for a 2008 civic to have the steering wheel point to the right all the time?

enycesam

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Doesn't sound right to me.

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no its not normal, you need to try another dealership or take it back again, an alignment wont correct the steeringwheel, thats a separate part

marcjones

5+ Year Member
I read somewhere on the net about toe in..or out or something like that. Could that be the issue or is it something mechanical in the steering. Can the allignment be set in the factory with the steering wheel off-center?

Marc

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
of course it can, but it is VERY unlikely because they are all checked thoroughly if you need to, call Honda of canada if none of the dealerships will fix it.

marcjones

5+ Year Member
Thanks for the advice. I've setup another service appointment with them for next Friday so hopefully they will do something about it this time.