2008 SI or 2003 RSX Type S

street2uned

Boosted FG2
5+ Year Member
After financing it would be around 26 for real, I looked it up.
Depends on what options you decide on as well. Sorry...but if anyone NEEDS navi...they need to get out and just drive more. The HFP body kit looks good...but come on...talk about over priced. The axle back is a joke...the suspension is way over priced...the rims look good but so do the standard Si rims. I think Honda makes a killing on kids that want all that bullshit. Good market plan though!

Jase

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
rsx !! way more after market support

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Before getting either, COMPARE THE INSURANCE PRICES FOR BOTH!

The RSX is on the top 5 most expensive cars to insure

THe new Si is cheaper than the base models to insure haha..

Get a new car. who knows wtf happened with the rsx.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Before getting either, COMPARE THE INSURANCE PRICES FOR BOTH!

The RSX is on the top 5 most expensive cars to insure

THe new Si is cheaper than the base models to insure haha..

Get a new car. who knows wtf happened with the rsx.
$137 a month to insure my DC5 with full coverage and a $500 deductible.

Si !!!!!!!!! they have LSD and they aren't that much, and you see way more RSX's than you do new Si's.
You see more RSX's than 8th gen civics? Lets not forget what we're dealing with here, the Si is a CIVIC, there's a s**t ton of civics out there and most people are only going to notice the difference when they see the badge.

t85konrad

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just get the si ur better of like most ppl said who know what hapened to the rsx and u have a warrenty

street2uned

Boosted FG2
5+ Year Member
$137 a month to insure my DC5 with full coverage and a $500 deductible.

You see more RSX's than 8th gen civics? Lets not forget what we're dealing with here, the Si is a CIVIC, there's a s**t ton of civics out there and most people are only going to notice the difference when they see the badge.

the rsx is acura's civic.you dont honestly believe that you guys are thought to be a better crowd because your emblem is slightly different, do you? :roll:

LowNotSlow

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the rsx is acura's civic.you dont honestly believe that you guys are thought to be a better crowd because your emblem is slightly different, do you? :roll:
Don't be sticking words in my mouth.

Visually, a civic looks like a civic, Si or not there's little different.

Nobody ever thinks an RSX is a civic, there's a level of exclusivity that comes with a car that doesn't sell 200,000 units a year, you stick out.

as for being a better crowd, look at meet activity. Any meet held in the North East gets a huge response from Club RSX, the same meet will struggle to have 4 or 5 guys from club civic. The UCONN meet has been won by Club RSX several times in a row. When you have 40 RSX's under the Club RSX banner at a meet and can barely get that many civics from all generations and various clubs that says something.

It's a personal preference I'm not telling him that the Si is a bad car, I'm just saying that I think the RSX is better in a lot of ways, some of which extend beyond the car itself and into the entire lifestyle.

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
not always. Especially when he's most likely going to void the warranty by modifying it anyway.
new>used always..i never said anything about warranty :what:

0 mileage>50k
lsd>non lsd
4.7 fd>4.3 fd
rbb(rbc) > prb intake mani

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
new>used always..i never said anything about warranty :what:

0 mileage>50k
lsd>non lsd
4.7 fd>4.3 fd
rbb(rbc) > prb intake mani
All true but:

Instant devaluation when you drive your new car off the dealer lot < letting the original owner take the hit.

LowNotSlow

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Paying 18k for a car after financing > Paying 27k for a car after financing

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
All true but:

Instant devaluation when you drive your new car off the dealer lot < letting the original owner take the hit.
:lol:
Paying 18k for a car after financing > Paying 27k for a car after financing
financing a new car > financing an used car..

incase it wasn't obvious by the 0 miles>50k argument..08>03 :laugh:

LowNotSlow

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:lol:

financing a new car > financing an used car..

incase it wasn't obvious by the 0 miles>50k argument..08>03 :laugh:
50k on a Honda product is nothing and we all know it.

NycivicSi

5+ Year Member
One car is 5 years old other is brand new.. One is going to keep there re-sale value 08 Si, One has 50k and one dosent... You can only do Some mods that wount avoid the warranty I/e/h and other visual,interior ,wheels, suspension s**t that is easy to remove.. plus i rather have a warranty on any car over 10k just my 2 cents... jus think in 3 years your rsx will be 8 and maybe can sell it for around 8-10k maybe!

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
insurance varies, but in most cases insurance is mostly high for most people on that car.

My sister was going to get a base 2006 rsx but the insurance was the same as the car payment, she went with the TC(i don't like toyotas or scions at all)

if it were a 2005/06 DC5-S i'd say get the mofo, those are getting pretty rare now. I wanna trade my 04 for one, but yet to see one for a reasonable price with lowISH miles.

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
one of my friends used to have an integra ls (not sure on year i think late 90's) but insurance on his new civic si is cheaper.

LowNotSlow

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
one of my friends used to have an integra ls (not sure on year i think late 90's) but insurance on his new civic si is cheaper.
that doesn't help at all. Both the DC5 and Si have the same security system.

99EBPSi

RIP - MH - 11/06/06
I think he was just stating that the insurance on these isn't that of an Acura. I went from a 99 si to a 2007 civic si, but put my ranger as primary and we are paying 100 dollars less for both than just for the 99.

But really, they are both nice cars. I have driven both, the si I think is faster but the rsx has an interior unlike any civici, thats for sure.