2008 SI or 2003 RSX Type S

johno590

f**k thieves
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Get the RSX... I wish I had some extra cash cause I would trade my coupe in for an RSX ...

squidmaster

pen0r squid
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Si, I've owned both and the Si is a better DD. If you want power, go for the RSX-S because there are mannnny more mods out for it. But that price is way to high for it.

justynmagz

5+ Year Member
RSX ddefinately nicer, specially for only 16K!
But Si i hear is faster only because it doesn't have that heavy trunk hatch! All around lighter, same hp...

99EBPSi

RIP - MH - 11/06/06
RSX ddefinately nicer, specially for only 16K!
But Si i hear is faster only because it doesn't have that heavy trunk hatch! All around lighter, same hp...
Actually the new si's make 10 hp over what the RSX makes out of the factory, on the dyno.

street2uned

Boosted FG2
5+ Year Member
Don't be sticking words in my mouth.

Visually, a civic looks like a civic, Si or not there's little different.

Nobody ever thinks an RSX is a civic, there's a level of exclusivity that comes with a car that doesn't sell 200,000 units a year, you stick out.

as for being a better crowd, look at meet activity. Any meet held in the North East gets a huge response from Club RSX, the same meet will struggle to have 4 or 5 guys from club civic. The UCONN meet has been won by Club RSX several times in a row. When you have 40 RSX's under the Club RSX banner at a meet and can barely get that many civics from all generations and various clubs that says something.

It's a personal preference I'm not telling him that the Si is a bad car, I'm just saying that I think the RSX is better in a lot of ways, some of which extend beyond the car itself and into the entire lifestyle.
I'm not sticking words in your mouth. That was simply your implication.

Your example is completely based on the region as well. In FL or CA and probably TX, there's no telling which crowd would have a better turn out. The same kids are ricing out RSX's as well as Civics. FYI most Si owners try to hold themselves to a higher level as well. Fact of the matter is that we all own Hondas. That kind of petty close-mindedness is what breeds the mean looks other Honda owners give each other when they drive by. Too many kids that think they are the coolest because of what they drive.

Ever notice the Nissan, Subaru, Mitsubishi or Toyota guys...when they pass each other, there is a sense of respect and it's display either through a honk or a hand gesture. I've spent time on both clubrsx and clubsi. Both site are boiling over with arrogance. They're a good source of info, if you are just going to read. But God forbid you post anything...nothing but flame spray and the retarded term "noob" thrown around.

My opinion is that the Integra was on a steady downward spiral, so they had to pull it in and clean it up. I like RSX's...they're good cars. Not my taste, but good cars regardless. There is no "exclusivity" involved in owning one...it's all in your head.

ex·clu·sive·ness, ex·clu·siv·i·ty, /ˌɛkskluˈsɪvɪti/ Pronunciation Key - [eks-kloo-siv-i-tee], noun

—Synonyms 9. select, narrow, clannish, snobbish, restrictive, cliquish, illiberal.

^^^ I wouldn't want that to be something I was known for anyway.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Your example is completely based on the region as well. In FL or CA and probably TX, there's no telling which crowd would have a better turn out. The same kids are ricing out RSX's as well as Civics. FYI most Si owners try to hold themselves to a higher level as well. Fact of the matter is that we all own Hondas. That kind of petty close-mindedness is what breeds the mean looks other Honda owners give each other when they drive by. Too many kids that think they are the coolest because of what they drive.

Ever notice the Nissan, Subaru, Mitsubishi or Toyota guys...when they pass each other, there is a sense of respect and it's display either through a honk or a hand gesture. I've spent time on both clubrsx and clubsi. Both site are boiling over with arrogance. They're a good source of info, if you are just going to read. But God forbid you post anything...nothing but flame spray and the retarded term "noob" thrown around.

My opinion is that the Integra was on a steady downward spiral, so they had to pull it in and clean it up. I like RSX's...they're good cars. Not my taste, but good cars regardless. There is no "exclusivity" involved in owning one...it's all in your head.

ex·clu·sive·ness, ex·clu·siv·i·ty, /ˌɛkskluˈsɪvɪti/ Pronunciation Key - [eks-kloo-siv-i-tee], noun

—Synonyms 9. select, narrow, clannish, snobbish, restrictive, cliquish, illiberal.

^^^ I wouldn't want that to be something I was known for anyway.
Acura RSX sales in 2006 - 20,809
Acura RSX sales in 2005 - 21,940
Honda Civic sales in 2006 - 316,638
Honda Civic sales in 2005 - 309,196

Have fun blending in with the crowd.
2008 Honda Civic Si coupe (from Honda.com) - 2886lbs (2995lbs for the sedan) 197hp 139ft. lbs
2002 Acura RSX Type-S (from Edmunds.com) - 2766lbs 200hp 142ft lbs - granted this is before the reevaluation of HP figures.

Advantages of the Si - LSD, RBC manifold, Warranty.
Advantages of RSX - Lighter, cheaper, leather interior, conventional power steering, conventional throttle.

Insurance:
I went to All-State and did their Ballpark quotes using the same information, differing only in selecting a 2002 Acura RSX and a 2008 Civic (the two cars in question).
Civic: 690 every 6 months
Rsx: 600 every 6 months

Funny how you tried to make exclusivity a negative though, nice attempt.

street2uned

Boosted FG2
5+ Year Member
I find it hilarious how you post all these stats...which mean nothing in response to my post.

When you have a valid arguement besides statistics relating to the sales, features and insurance cost of the two, I'll be listening.

With those sales figures, it's no wonder that the RSX is no more.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I find it hilarious how you post all these stats...which mean nothing in response to my post.

When you have a valid arguement besides statistics relating to the sales, features and insurance cost of the two, I'll be listening.

With those sales figures, it's no wonder that the RSX is no more.
Because it was replaced by the Si (no reason to for Honda to compete against itself), and if you looked at Si sales they'd be quite similar.

And I don't have to argue against your points, I'm merely reaffirming the ones I posted before.

You want me to refute you?

I never said anything about ricing out cars. I said at meets around here, RSX owners are by far more active, which you've tried to turn into something else completely for some reason.

So you're saying owners of both cars are douche bags? Is that even a point? What does it even have to do with which car he should buy?

Honda cars get pulled in and "cleaned up" every 5 years regardless, it's called innovation. Exclusivity is in the fact that there is no car that looks like the RSX nor has the options that it has. The Si looks like a civic, because it's a civic. Just look at Jeshua's 8th gen, could be an Si, but it's not.

You never even had an argument, just a pile of opinion that won't help this kid decide anything. You've tried to turn this into a "Lownotslow thinks RSX owners are bettter" argument from the get go when that's not the point I was making, nor did I ever imply that Civic owners are losers. I said that RSX owners are more active in the North East than Civic owners, and you tried to turn it into a class war.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
IMHO, it's all about the buyer. If the buyer is into building, modding, etc... Go for the RSX. If the buyer is all about new cars, keeping it stock for a while, and just like how the car is built overall without doing any mods... Go for the SI.

If you think about it, there IS alot more aftermarket support for the rsx than the new SI civics. 0K miles, 50K miles, doesn't make a difference if the buyer is into building, repairing, modding, etc... An RSX with 50k miles can last just as long as any civic with 0k miles.

Insurance rate, it just all depends, both cars would be up right around the same rate monthly. The RSX may be a little bit more pricer, but it would just make up for the years paying for a brand new car.

IMHO:

RSX-S > Civic SI
$15K > $25K
50K miles = 0K miles
More aftermarket support > Less aftermarket support

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Thats just my opinion, I like to repair and modify cars, it's just my area of interest.

squidmaster

pen0r squid
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The RSX-S right now is the better bet for mods, but if you want a good DD car with the ability to have some nice mods in the future and to have that NEW car, get the Si.
I have it, and I love it.

falcon

uber noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
pick a car you can afford. economy ain't getting any better...

JDM-Hatch

5+ Year Member
I drove both car's before and the Si got my vote....The Si price is between 22-23k. My sis-in-law just bought one she got it for $22,400.

t4r6n

5+ Year Member
it comes down to preference. Had an 02 rxs-type s A-spec. with jrsc. It wasn't that much faster than my EK w/ b18c5. Sold the rsx and kept the EK.