2008 type R lips on 97

dominican_civic

5+ Year Member
what do i need to do to put the 2008 lips on my 97 hatch, plus i want to know if its the best choice....Thnx

franklin-hid

your moms boyfriend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
a dremel, bondo, and patience?

enycesam

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just get lips that are made for your car..

ekcivicdx

5+ Year Member
i dont think it will look good at all on there, i would just get alip ment for your body style

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They won't even come close to fitting and if you somehow got them to fit they wouldn't look good. If you want the lip so bad get the car it goes on.

jak

shaken...... not stirred.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Then get an Si..

2005 lips will NOT fit on a 6th gen without modification to the body.
You can be a ricer and add an 8th gen front end to your 97 Civic if you'd like.
not to be an ass or anything but 05 civics are 7th gen not 8th gen. and darkcreep is right, those lips are made to fit the contour of their year civic and probably wouldnt look good with the lines of your year civic. and thats not including the massive amount of modification you will have to do to the bumper.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Anything is possible with time and money.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So you want to know it a 7th gen Si or 8th gen Type R lip will fit your 1997? You do know those are three entirely different generations of Civics, right?

They say anything is possible, but why bother? And no, it's not the best choice since they already make lips for your front end.

highneo

Pi Lambda Phi
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
while you're at it...throw some 7th gen tail lights on too. nothing some duct tape can't do.

highneo

Pi Lambda Phi
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
while you're at it...throw some 7th gen tail lights on too. nothing some duct tape can't do.

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
are you asking yourself questions in your head and then answering them in your posts?