2010 Civic Brake suggestions

sanjeevnuts

Need to replace all brake disks and pads. Can I get some good recommendations for a reasonable cost option?
Honda Civic 2010 EX-L - all disks at front and rear.

Here's one (Complete set for $340 Canadian - 4 rotors and 8 pads)
http://www.canadabrakes.com/details/productdetails/Cross-Drilled-And-Slotted-Rotors-Kits/CEDS/

Another one here. Has anyone used primechoice? Their prices are insane so I'm having doubts about quality.
$79 for rear set (2 rotors and 4 pads).

http://www.primechoiceautoparts.ca/p-50069-rear-kit-performance-drilled-slotted-brake-rotors-and-ceramic-pads-perf41422537.aspx

'13K24Si

Respected
I recently just put four new Stop Tech slotted rotors with hawk hps brake pads on a 2013 Si. Seem to be good so far. The combination was mid $400s. I got them at kseriesparts.com

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Stop Tech and Hawk are a great combo.

I currently run Zimmerman rotors and Textar pads. I don't like to cheap out on brakes though. It's one of the most important safety items on a vehicle. Plus cheap s**t always throws a bunch of dust all over everything and they tend to be noisy.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Stop Tech and Hawk are a great combo.

I currently run Zimmerman rotors and Textar pads. I don't like to cheap out on brakes though. It's one of the most important safety items on a vehicle. Plus cheap s**t always throws a bunch of dust all over everything and they tend to be noisy.
I made the mistake of getting crappy brake pads with white wheels. Worst. Idea. Ever.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I agree that StopTech & Hawk are great brands. Akebono pads are very good as well. Whatever you chose, make sure theyre ceramic pads to avoid dust issues.

Fyi, I shortened you title from "Recommendations for Replacement Brake Disk sets" because its so long that you cant see past the first three words in most views, which doesnt help you.