2012 Civic SI Limp Mode.

Rodney Simmons

2012 honda civic SI in limp mode. won't go past 3500rpms But it varies. So The other week the car decided it didn't want to start. So we disassembled it from the Top to get to the starter to find out what was wrong with it. Discovered the flywheel tooth ring had become separate from the actual fly wheel (I know right?) So after the arguing with the stealership they agreed to do it under warranty which expired at 60k miles (Car has 61.5k) So anyway we push start it and the car is in limp mode now.

Everything was hooked up correctly and everything was plugged in (We went back disassembled to the starter again to double check) Car is throwing P1659 which is the ETCS control module. Also showing VSA, Power steering, and Check emissions on the info center. any ideas?

twombs2530

I had same issue with mine, however I went into a field at about 80, 8ft drop... tore off wheel well liners n suspension was only damage pretty much... I should be dead, anyway water got in and coroded a wire harness under ur left foot rest by pedals.. but spliced em back n no problems since (1.5yrs) this harness has 6 wires in it. There's a connector right there.. this harness will throw vsa, power steering, emission, and about 2 more lights... also put me in limp mode. If u notice this happened with rain or moisture there's a good chance somewhere in this harness something is wrong. U can check voltages to narrow it down to where. Also use the connectors to narrow down what section of wires in the harness is bad, because it's probably only one spot.
Hope this helps ya