2012 Civic SI Vtec Indicator Blinking

ykf7b0

My 2012 Civic SI vtec orange indicator has suddenly started to blink after setting the security system with key fob. It is all factory with no aftermarket alarm additions. The radio has a blinking red light that has always blinked after setting alarm system but this orange vtec indicator just started binking tonight after setting alarm. The radio red light and the vtec orange light do not blink together or in sync. What is going on with my car?

ykf7b0

Thanks boofoo but I found that thread before I posted. The thread doesn't give any real answers. Does anyone know why the light has mysteriously begun to blink?

Last edited:

ykf7b0

Owners manual calls it a vtec indicator light and it has never blinked before. It only came on when I got into the v power and all of a sudden it wants to blink when the doors are locked. It is the I-vtec indicator light on my SI as stated in the owners manual with no reference to a security light.

ykf7b0

Yes it that light as referenced above on Si models to the right side of the I-vtec letters. I have owned the car for 2 years and it never blinked before. Could be a glitch I suppose. I also don't understand why it serves as a v tech indicator but possibly does double duty as a security indicator as well with no reference in the manual. Thanks boofoo!