2014 Civic Coupe LX engine swap/performance upgrades?

Felkrv

Hey everyone! This is my very first post on here so please bear with me.

I bought the 2014 Civic coupe LX brand new around February of 2014. It's a 5-speed manual and everything is stock but the wheels (it came with steel ones, switched to alloy rims). I love my car to death, but I think it's time to possibly do some performance upgrades on it.

From what I'm aware, there aren't many aftermarket upgrades that are compatible with the LX's engine. This is one of the reasons I'm thinking about doing an engine swap, but after hours of research I couldn't find a proper source where someone has done an upgrade to the LX. I know I'll get told to just trade it in for the Si, but I'd like to build this one. I'm stretchy with how much I'm willing to spend, so I'll say $4000 give or take a few grand. My goal is to have it run around 400 WHP, I believe that's a pretty good amount considering I want to keep this car as my daily driver but it can still pack a mean punch. I've looked into several engines, and from what my research ended up resulting in, I'm thinking the possible engines for the swap would be B18C1, B18C5, K20Z1 or K20Z4. I'm well aware that with an engine swap I'd have to end up replacing many other parts on my car, and I have a few people willing to help me out on the build but getting the stuff, I'm on my own. Also, what would you guys say about adding a turbo/supercharger to a VTEC engine? Which one would you choose, or none, and why?

Please keep in mind that I'm definitely not the most experienced person out there, and I'm looking for honest advice. What would you guys do in this situation? What engines/upgrades would you recommend? Have you ever seen an LX with any performance upgrades done to it? How much would your recommendation cost in the end?

Thanks!

'13K24Si

Respected
If you really want to do an engine swap and can spend 4k on an engine, I'd look into getting a JDM engine.

Morten0509

And what about a sort of cold air intake? Will it do any good? A friend of mine installed one into his Impreza, then did chip tuning in a shop, and as per his words - the throttle became way more responsive to the gas pedal movements, and in general he liked what he's got. Just an idea.