2slo4u: Project FRS

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So I am pretty satisfied with how the 8th gen civic looks like and am calling that project finished. I'm trying to sell the civic now and picked up a new project and daily driver for myself.
I tried to leave the FRS stock as long as I could but the morning after I got the car I had to install some LED lights throughout, I had already ordered some HID's for the car knowing I was going to get one so I installed those today too (5000k). A new intake and catback has also been ordered and should be here on Monday. Hopefully this build should be a quick build.

Plans for now are:
Lip kit
Spoiler
new 17's or 18 inch wheels
Lowering Springs or Coilovers.
Crank Pulley

...and that's it for now. I do plan on supercharging it in the future but that'll just have to wait. Looks will do for now. =)

The Civic's final stage. The only "performance" piece I added was a cold air intake which I loved. It brought out a really deep tone.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im still really torn on these. Maybe cuz theyre subarus :what:

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im still really torn on these. Maybe cuz theyre subarus :what:
At first I was too. And Subaru's name is stamped all over the car. Open the hood and "Subaru" is one of the first things you see. The power they produce is good for daily driving and has a lot of get up and go power, but of course that'll never be enough =) Maybe I feel the power more because I'm coming from a stock automatic civic haha. I'm glad that there are many companies that have done R&D on these cars and have proven some basic bolt on's.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I want a FR-S. Popcorn time :popcorn:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
At first I was too. And Subaru's name is stamped all over the car. Open the hood and "Subaru" is one of the first things you see. The power they produce is good for daily driving and has a lot of get up and go power, but of course that'll never be enough =) Maybe I feel the power more because I'm coming from a stock automatic civic haha. I'm glad that there are many companies that have done R&D on these cars and have proven some basic bolt on's.

Greddy makes some great s**t for them : thumbs up

Just wouldve rather seen it badged as a Toyota

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Greddy makes some great s*** for them : thumbs up

Just wouldve rather seen it badged as a Toyota
you and i both! I'll be adding T badges..which will make me feel a little better :P

My dad and I talked about building this car back when it was still a Toyota Concept car. When I heard it was going to come out a Scion and that many things were going to change AND another $5000 was going to be added to the price tag I was bummed. But I got a good deal despite the Scion Peer Pricing. My wife works at Toyota so I was able to be put on a better Tier than I would have been. 1.5% APR was too tempting so I bit. It was the last red 2014 FRS 6 speed in the area. I didn't want to spend the extra money and higher APR for the 2015.

I'm really liking the Vortech Supercharger kit with the new blow off valve.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just gonna do a quick build...

....aaaaand we're talkin boost. :lol:

I love the frs! Great cars.

Lol [MENTION=34843]CHILD[/MENTION] wanting an frs. I'd follow that build too

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I tried to build a car without boost..but that's just no fun for me :p

CHILD. If you ever do get one...these aren't really family friendly. They will fit your wife and kid but with a front facing behind the passenger seat, your wife will be up close to the dash and the angle of the rear seat makes the car seat sit funny. I changed my son's front facing into a backless booster and it feels a little bit better for him.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I hear ya, I'm not really looking for anything family friendly. Got a second baby on the way anyway. I just wanted a newer toy, one that I can just modify rather than modify and repair.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I hear ya, I'm not really looking for anything family friendly. Got a second baby on the way anyway. I just wanted a newer toy, one that I can just modify rather than modify and repair.
nice! congrats. the FRS is a good car. handles great.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
3 weeks in. I'm going to have to slow down now so the mods will have to stop for now :(
Springs, wheels, and a spoiler will be next.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
I'm trying to talk my cousin into buying one. I told her she can buy the stuff for it I will get it installed. I just want to have fun with one. I prefer the brz personally