5th Gen Door Question

sacriminal

I recently got side swiped and luckly only my right fender and right door got jacked up, the quarter panel is in perfect condition. I found a door from a 5th generation DX COUPE the problem is that its a manual door and my door is all electric powered. Can I switch my electric parts over the othe manual door? Or is it difficult to do something like that?

MajEK

Cry Some More
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Depends on what shape the inside door panel is in. The controls for the windows/locks use a longer hole than the DX one. Everything else like the door lock motors and bolts should line up. If you want to DIY I'm sure you can cut the panel to make some room for the switches.

GL, how much did you pay for the door panel?

henkz0r

Unobtanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Depends on what shape the inside door panel is in. The controls for the windows/locks use a longer hole than the DX one. Everything else like the door lock motors and bolts should line up. If you want to DIY I'm sure you can cut the panel to make some room for the switches.

GL, how much did you pay for the door panel?
I'm pretty sure he bought an entire door, not just the panel.

For the OP, all of the guts from your door will fit fine on the manual door. Reuse your panel, switches, window regulator, everything.

MajEK

Cry Some More
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm pretty sure he bought an entire door, not just the panel.

For the OP, all of the guts from your door will fit fine on the manual door. Reuse your panel, switches, window regulator, everything.
Thats what I'am saying. :what: The DX inside panel would be the only problem if he wanted to keep the pwr window/locks since it doesnt have the larger hole for the power options.