1. ClubCivic is now on Instagram! Follow us at clubcivicdotcom. Want your photos features? Tag or DM us, use #clubcivicdotcom, or email us your photos to photos@clubcivic.com

5th gen exhaust

Discussion in '5th Generation Honda Civic (1992-1995)' started by Fondatron3000, Oct 24, 2017.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. Fondatron3000

Fondatron3000 New Member

I need a new exhaust for my 1992 civic hatch but idk what to get. No fart can stuff. Any suggestions? Also I don't want to pay for anything over 300$ soo yeah there's that

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  2. boofoo

boofoo Respected Registered VIP

What's wrong with OEM? What parts of the exhaust do you want to replace?

3. Mr.Baker

Mr.Baker Mr. Search Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

Walker makes a decent OEM style exhaust.
    Thermal Research makes a nice aftermarket exhaust, but may be over your budget.

Fondatron3000 likes this.
  4. Fondatron3000

Fondatron3000 New Member

at first I thought it needed the whole exhaust but now apparently it only needs the muffler but I'd like to just go ahead and get at least a cat back exhaust, also I don't really want OEM style, I want a deeper sound but not too deep but not to loud so a happy medium

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  5. Mr.Baker

You're not going to get that for under $300.

6. Drakon543

Drakon543 New Member

under 300 your looking at an eBay exhaust which is probably going to give you issues getting it to fit the way it's supposed to. also probably way too obnoxious for what you want. keep your eyes on your local Craigslist you might get to scoop up an exhaust used. if it was a good quality exhaust I wouldn't be against scooping one up used myself.

7. boofoo

boofoo Respected Registered VIP

Beware of CL scammers.

8. Mr.Baker

I was able to pick up a Thermal Research exhaust for my Crx a few years back for $400.
    It was unboxed but never used, wasn't any black on the inside piping.

9. XpL0d3r

XpL0d3r What Civic? Staff Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

10. Drakon543

Drakon543 New Member

I put an obx muffler on a camry a while back, just a muffler swap. it sounded pretty mellow with the silencer in only a little drone with the silencer open. didn't bother trying to remove it he didn't like the drone with the silencer flaps open.

11. Fondatron3000

Fondatron3000 New Member

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  12. Mr.Baker

I'm questioning the quality of the fitment and welds, as well as the sound.

13. Fondatron3000

Fondatron3000 New Member

It's good quality and I got multiple knowledgeable ppl to check it over thx for the concern

14. Mr.Baker

For $217, what's the brand?
    How does it look, fit and sound?

15. Mr.Baker

Let's drop your blanket Linus and stop being defensive.
    This isn't grade school, so I'm not being a "jerkface", and I've been here too long to troll, so lets use some common sense.
    I'm asking because generally speaking, when it comes to Honda "tuning", you really get what you pay for.
    So for $217, if you found a quality exhaust, it might be relevant for others to know the brand, don't ya think?
    Also I question it for 2 more reasons, 1, for the price, and 2, do you know what to look for and what's out there when comparing exhausts?

16. Drakon543

Drakon543 New Member

as far as sound quality I'll go with everyone has thier preference. some like it quiet some like it loud and some like that super deep mellow exhaust and others I think legitamely enjoy being loud enough to annoy everyone. as far as fitment especially on small compact cars has the potential to be annoying with any brand. especially vehicles well into the 6 figure mileage. granted you get what you pay for generally so bigger brands will typically fit easier. as far as overall quality of the parts sometimes it's just hard to tell until you get some driving on it. these lower priced off companies wouldn't sell anything if thier parts looked like crap. outside of those you also get brands that like to hang in the shadows that most don't know about that actually make great parts. some of those companies can vary greatly in price. so im not trying to be a "jerkface" but post some pics and videos and some info of this exhaust. if anyone else likes the sound I'm sure they will buy a system from them. they may even sell parts for other vehicles.

17. Fondatron3000

Fondatron3000 New Member

https://www.protuninglab.com/cbe-hc...ooglepepla&utm_medium=adwords&id=140848870378
    I like the way it looks and sounds, but that's my preference, ik some of you won't like it but oh well

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  18. Drakon543

Drakon543 New Member

well if you like the way it looks and sounds and you were happy with the price and results then it doesn't really matter what anyone thinks. however just keep and eye on the weld points and such as you put miles on your new exhaust. as it's already in the car the fitment obviously went well the only other concern is one of the welds cracking. easy fix at most notable exhaust shops. that would be the only other concern with using cheaper exhaust parts.

19. Fondatron3000

Fondatron3000 New Member

Yeah, my dad was worried about the welds when I bought it too, but he checked it over and said it seems good but I'll keep an eye out, thank-you

20. Mr.Baker

Looking at it and seeing how "economical it is and what it comes with, I'm going to venture to guess it will probably do one if not all of the following; not fit right, rattle, muffler internally will fall apart and piping will rust.
    Cheap mufflers will break down internally and will get louder as it ages.
    Time will tell if in a year or less you'll be buying another exhaust for it.