65,000 Miles. Transmission Fluid Exchange?

WVUDave

I have a read a lot of mixed views on exchanging the transmission fluid in cars, and know that Honda recommends it, but I'm curious on the mileage people choose to do it. What say you?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Whatever it says in the Honda Service Manual... go with that ;)

If they recommend it, I would do it. :thumbs up

Matt'sCivic

I agree with the guy above me. I changed mine at 30,000 miles. It's imperative that you change it every 30,000 miles, if your vehicle is equipped with a CVT transmission.

WVUDave

The more I research this the more I agree with the first response. The maintenance minder will tell me when to change the transmission fluid, and it has not yet. There is no 30,00 miles or anything like that. Even called Honda and they said "Dealers are in the business to make money, but we make the recommendations and honor the warranty." So follow the maintenance minder for all that it monitors. Thanks. I'll keep going until it tells me to.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I agree to follow what your manual recommends and ignore whomever you spoke with at the dealership because that was an awful response. Every transmission needs its fluids changed periodically in order to ensure it continues working properly for as long as possible.

It only gets dicey once fluid is left unchanged for too long and thins out from usage. Then opinions can differ on what should be done. Avoid that altogether by reading the manual and making sure you know when it should be done and not rely on the car telling you to do so. Im not aware whether or not newer Hondas remind you for transmission flushes anyways.

HockeyZombies

Respected
Changed my cvt hcf2 fluid again today at dealer. I got to watch the master tech perform the service. Had to run the engine till cooling fans kicked in. Took around 3.65qts. Took it out back and washed it too. Here's the final look. Cleaned kn cabin filter too today.

Attachments