6th gen fogs

97civiclx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey guys,

I'm new here, was wondering if any company makes OEM fogs for the 98 Civic. With winter commin, I thought it might be cool to add them to the wifes car.

Thanks for any input.

Mike

97civiclx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Any opinions on these Focus lights? I've never heard of this company. I also found some other company that was almost twice as much Pilot lights I think, and some dude on ebay for like $100 bucks. What are good bright lights?

Thanks for the help.

Mike

O.Z Chi

Team San Jose
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
OEM is the best quality you can get, bar none. At least in this category. As far as bulbs, they are H3s so you can get any other color you want.

O.Z Chi

Team San Jose
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BTW, welcome to ClubCivic! I'm amazed someone from SF actually ownz a car ... I thought all you guys woulda dumped your ride and got a bus pass.

Traffic sucks ass in that city. If I had a choice everytime I drove there, I wouldn't.

97civiclx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for the input... I wasn't aware of any OEM fog lights for 6th gen civics? Only aftermaket kits. Do you know of a place I can pick up OEM's. I've seen them for the 2K's an up, but not for my 6th gen model.

Thanks and yes, Bay Area traffic does suck a$$, you just have to do your best to plan around it. So far 'knock on wood' I've been pretty lucky, reverse commutes, graveyard shifts, they all worked out around traffic.

O.Z Chi

Team San Jose
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My friend's got a 98 hatch. I'll see what I can find out.

WiggerMan

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think the only ones that have a spot for OEM fogs on a 6th gen is on the 99-00 front ends that have the spot for em...

97civiclx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It looks like on our 97 sedan, inside the cutout in the bumper cap, they have two spaces on either side that would easily fit some fogs. The cut out is oval shaped already and looks like all you would need to do is trim it out.

Thanks for the input! You guys rock!

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
here's some genuine OEM foglights... straight from japan...

97 civic...

silverctr

Whaddaya lookin' at?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
www.speedandstyle.com used to sell them. Not sure if they still do though. They're extremely tough to come by. The JDM OEM lights are yellow and I've seen knockoffs that are clear.

CFactor

Why am I such a pimp?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by abej6
here's some genuine OEM foglights... straight from japan...

97 civic...

UGLY AS PISS hehe

O.Z Chi

Team San Jose
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by silverctr
www.speedandstyle.com used to sell them. Not sure if they still do though. They're extremely tough to come by. The JDM OEM lights are yellow and I've seen knockoffs that are clear.
Thanks for da help br0.

I'm sure that if installed properly, they will look decent. The ones in that pic look like they were zip-tied in place. :???: