6th gen n00b post.

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
for all you n00bs who want to make their Civic balls to the wall fast....

1. Accept the fact you will spend money you can't ever get back

2. Instead of spending money on cool lookin shift knob and big rims....save up for a motorswap

3. Spend money on good stuff....other wise your buy cheap stuff 2+ times

those are 3 phrases of wisdom I wish I had heard when I bought my car.

KennyC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
id just like to add , dont try and pimp ur car out with stuff from Kragens, ive seen it done and that person has lost all respect from anybody thats ever seen his car.

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
um, i think that is in keeping with rule number 2........

TurboCane

Type R This!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would like to add, that if you want to make a car balls to the wall fast, don't buy a civic. =)

civic hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ill add one to this,

intake and exhaust dont give you 40+ horses so stop reving on people at stop lights

CFactor

Why am I such a pimp?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by civic hatch
ill add one to this,

intake and exhaust dont give you 40+ horses so stop reving on people at stop lights
:werd:

motoxpress

rexxer
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
In defense of the Newbies,

There are newbies and then there are newbies. I personally come from MX racing and so, I know the value of where to put money and it won't be in 18" wheels with ground effects. I actually don't want a ricer, just a good handling car with enough torque to pull.

OTOH, there are those who want a street racer, 2fst2furious 'look' and I'm ok with that. It's just not what I want.

Don't just jump on someone because they open their first post with "Just got a civic, how do I make it fast ...

MX"

CFactor

Why am I such a pimp?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I agree with that. Everyone has their own personal styles. I dont flame people because I love both sides and am trying to combine speed/performance with style (i know its corny). Now if I was trying to hook my car up with all APC and Eurolite I would expect someone to kill me.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
some want show, some want go, and some want something in between. . . something most of us consider 'rice' or 'tacky' is not considered as such by someone else. it's their car, it's their descision.

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
any decision made has an effect on others as well..... it may be one person's decision to rice out their car and act hardcore, but the rest of us are biased against because of it.

Eg_Project

HiGH TiLL i DiE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by anfrey
some want show, some want go, and some want something in between. . . something most of us consider 'rice' or 'tacky' is not considered as such by someone else. it's their car, it's their descision.
:werd:

Dark

NOR*CAL
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
but not a lot of people seem to realize it...

whaty004

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah but there are always two sides to a story, i personally prefer speed or style but i don't hate them because of it. As far as them trying to look hardcore just laugh it off then smoke them!

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
HATE is a very intense thing. i don't hate.

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my boy has a pretty bad 94 dx coupe with a B20/Vtec. looks sweet as hell, and itll beat up on a new cobra. (i dont really think the dude in the stang new how to drive though)