7th Gen-A/C Clutch Relay-Not Grounding-HELP!

MoMoney

5+ Year Member
Hi all,

I have a 2001 Honda Civic EX, 5mt coupe. Have had some issues in the past and you guys have been a huge help...hoping the same again!

Anyway, my AC recently stopped working. I dug through the forums and did the simple stuff. Jumped the switch side of the relay and the compressor kicks right on...so no issue with the clutch solenoid. Dug from there into the pressure switch which tested continuity as it sat there...refrigerant is good. Probed the relay terminals and found 12v on one side of the relay solenoid to ground on the battery but the opposing terminal would not go to ground after pressing the switch. (open to ground regardless of switch) The switch inside the car glows green and appears to be working yet no go. I tried to find continuity between said 'dead' relay connector to ECU/PCU red wire in connector E behind the glove compartment. Could not get a reading there but it's cramped so not a whole lot of confidence in my measurements.

Anyway, has anyone else had this issue? I've read sometime the entire multiplex interior fuse panel goes bad but I'm not having issues with locks, windows, security or CELs.
Also, I do not hear any 'relay' type click inside the car when pushing the AC button. I cannot recall now, but does your car 'click' when you push the button? (Is there a relay in the car I am overlooking?)

Any and all suggestions are much appreciated! Thanks for the help!:lol: