7th gen civic build

Manni765

So I've been putting this off because I am a ricer as of the moment but I do want to build my car I just got a job so I'm planning on dropping a k20a2 in this summer and eventually a turbo, after I really want a little nitros just to have the experience I love cars and I know the d17 is slow but honestly it's my car so I can do whatever want, so here's my "build"

Upgrades
-Aem cold air intake
- dc sports headers and (hopefully exhaust , was on there when it was purchased for me)
- cheap enkei 15" wheels (also on there when bought)
- body kit ? (On there when bought )
- double deck spoiler (this is the riciest part but it's fun breaking knecks)
-blue extended racing lugs
- new stereo head unit
- new front speakers
- 15" kicker comp sub
- stripped trunk ( also there when purchased)
- momo racing steering wheel (there when purchased)
- fckn fast shift knob
- black front grill
- black mirrors

Also fixed the a/c replaced the radiator and fixed some of the oil leaks Haha
20161107_150221.jpg

lunder03

Respected
So I've been putting this off because I am a ricer as of the moment but I do want to build my car I just got a job so I'm planning on dropping a k20a2 in this summer and eventually a turbo, after I really want a little nitros just to have the experience I love cars and I know the d17 is slow but honestly it's my car so I can do whatever want, so here's my "build"

Upgrades
-Aem cold air intake
- dc sports headers and (hopefully exhaust , was on there when it was purchased for me)
- cheap enkei 15" wheels (also on there when bought)
- body kit ? (On there when bought )
- double deck spoiler (this is the riciest part but it's fun breaking knecks)
-blue extended racing lugs
- new stereo head unit
- new front speakers
- 15" kicker comp sub
- stripped trunk ( also there when purchased)
- momo racing steering wheel (there when purchased)
- fckn fast shift knob
- black front grill
- black mirrors

Also fixed the a/c replaced the radiator and fixed some of the oil leaks Haha
View attachment 28449
Car looks nice...either change the color of the mirrors or paint the hood and other things if you like, to tie in the color of the mirrors. Black mirrors don't stand alone and look cool by themselves. They may be stock (your mirrors), but I doubt it since the door handles aren't. JMO...welcome by the way!!! :-)

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk

Manni765

Car looks nice...either change the color of the mirrors or paint the hood and other things if you like, to tie in the color of the mirrors. Black mirrors don't stand alone and look cool by themselves. They may be stock (your mirrors), but I doubt it since the door handles aren't. JMO...welcome by the way!!! :-)

Haha thanks for the support and I definitely will do something bout the color
a mirror was busted out when we bought it so we just found those for cheap but it needs paying pretty bad when you get up close so it's definitely in the plan :-)

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The lip kit isn't all that bad looking for what it is.
The hood pins are awful.
This needs to be lowered a bit.
Rear bookshelf needs to go.
Replace the hazy headlights with new OEM style or the OEM style black housing models don't look too bad either.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Looking good, OP! I'm with Mr. Baker, a few changes and she'll be looking great!

Manni765

Ya I know like I said as soon as I start getting paycheck s I'm stripping the interior taking off the spoiler buying lights getting a new hood (hood pins were in it when bought ) then dropping a k20a2 in it

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If you plan on doing K20 and boost, I would save up and do it all at once. Otherwise you're going to spend $ on parts you won't longer need once you go boost, such as intake, header, etc.

Manni765

If you plan on doing K20 and boost, I would save up and do it all at once. Otherwise you're going to spend $ on parts you won't longer need once you go boost, such as intake, header, etc.
Thanks man don't worry though the intake headers and exhaust were all on it when I bought it so I didn't waste money on it haha.I haven't done too much to it yet other than making it run better and a couple of the cosmetics.

lunder03

Respected
The lip kit isn't all that bad looking for what it is.
The hood pins are awful.
This needs to be lowered a bit.
Rear bookshelf needs to go.
Replace the hazy headlights with new OEM style or the OEM style black housing models don't look too bad either.
I don't think he means to say you shouldn't have hood pins, but that they stand out and look gawdy/awful. I would just repaint with color match if you're looking for a clean look...otherwise go retro all the way or don't go at all. :-)
Ya I know like I said as soon as I start getting paycheck s I'm stripping the interior taking off the spoiler buying lights getting a new hood (hood pins were in it when bought ) then dropping a k20a2 in it

Manni765

I don't think he means to say you shouldn't have hood pins, but that they stand out and look gawdy/awful. I would just repaint with color match if you're looking for a clean look...otherwise go retro all the way or don't go at all. :-)

Oh alright cool I think I get what your saying il Probably just get a new hood but just wondering do you guys think I should respray it white and have black and blue accents or respray it silver and have black and blue accents

lunder03

Respected
Bucket seats or tinted lights for this paycheck ??????????
Ooohhh, bro I'd have to say bucket seats, but oh, don't some tinted lights look cool...yeah, I cannot really say...would have to see those seats first...gotta photo of the ass supports?

Manni765

Ooohhh, bro I'd have to say bucket seats, but oh, don't some tinted lights look cool...yeah, I cannot really say...would have to see those seats first...gotta photo of the ass supports?

Nah man lots of options cause if I get them imma order them Haha just can't decide lights or seats , or just get one bucket seat for the driver seat and headlights cx

lunder03

Respected
Nah man lots of options cause if I get them imma order them Haha just can't decide lights or seats , or just get one bucket seat for the driver seat and headlights cx
Lol...there you go bro...in all honesty, if it were me, I'd get the seats all day long. Save up and get yourself some nice lights, this way you can upgrade your tails too and maybe get some quarter panel or mirror signals. That is what I'd do.

And now, another goal of mine...seats and turn signals, I think foooor, hmmm...what do you think? Mirrors or quarter panel signals?

Manni765

Lol...there you go bro...in all honesty, if it were me, I'd get the seats all day long. Save up and get yourself some nice lights, this way you can upgrade your tails too and maybe get some quarter panel or mirror signals. That is what I'd do.

And now, another goal of mine...seats and turn signals, I think foooor, hmmm...what do you think? Mirrors or quarter panel signals?

I'm thinking you shouldgo with mirror signals man Haha

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Bucket seats or tinted lights for this paycheck ??????????
Neither.

I'm planning on dropping a k20a2 in this summer and eventually a turbo
This will never happen.
If you're working paycheck to paycheck, and you are prioritizing seats and tail lights, this will not come to fruition.
Champagne dreams, Boones' Farm Budget.

Mirrors or quarter panel signals?
What the hell are 1/4 panel signals?

Manni765

Neither.

I'm 16 man I don't have any bills aND this is my first paycheck the only thing I really have to pay for is gas

This will never happen.
If you're working paycheck to paycheck, and you are prioritizing seats and tail lights, this will not come to fruition.

lunder03

Respected
Neither.

This will never happen.

Turn signals, most of the time they're on the quarter panel, although I've seen a few cars with them on the driver & passenger doors.