7th gen gauge cluster swap

eddieisaricer

7thGenCivic.com Ambassadr
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
okay it is possible to swap clusters between the 7thgen models. however in order to work properly you must ahve a cluster form the same model year. for example you can easily put an 01-02 cluster from any civic into any 01-02 model. here's the tricky part....if it's an 03+ model civic cluster (vp excluded cause it uses the 01-02 setup) and you're putting it inot an 01-02 you need to rewire the harnesses.

notoriouspyro

5+ Year Member
eddieisaricer said:
okay it is possible to swap clusters between the 7thgen models. however in order to work properly you must ahve a cluster form the same model year. for example you can easily put an 01-02 cluster from any civic into any 01-02 model. here's the tricky part....if it's an 03+ model civic cluster (vp excluded cause it uses the 01-02 setup) and you're putting it inot an 01-02 you need to rewire the harnesses.

Would you happen to have a wiring diagram explaining this? I really want to do the conversion but I need to know exactly what to switch to make this work. Much thanks.

eddieisaricer

7thGenCivic.com Ambassadr
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i'd have one for you...but 7thgencivic.com is down right now so i can't access the link from the guy's sig who did it.

notoriouspyro

5+ Year Member
eddieisaricer said:
i'd have one for you...but 7thgencivic.com is down right now so i can't access the link from the guy's sig who did it.
Yeah... I miss it... These last three days have been hell without 7thgen...

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have an 02 ex and I'd have to say I'm a little envious of the 03 and up set. Your clusters are a lot nicer than the orange crap i have.

jamescardenas07

JDM & Spoon Enthusiast
5+ Year Member
u can swap a RSX cluster in w/o too much mods except for wirings..

S2K Cluster... lots of mods including molding a surrounding and wirings