7th gen LX EVO???? help..

Dragoneye

RAZO Civic
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey, I've heard that they are releasing a GReddy EVO for my lx pretty soon, (thanks) But, can I have a site, or some confirmation about this? :???:

So, whoever has some insider info... (I haven't been able to contact GReddy) Let me know... :cry:

-N

Dragoneye

RAZO Civic
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The store I will order it from says that, because it was built for the EX, I'd have to buy a $130 adapter by Tanabe, which will allow me to put EX exhausts on mine..
So, although I like Tanabe, I don't wanna spend 130 MORE for the adapter thing..

FhCRubarb

Rice 4 Life
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My friend has the EVO on his 7th gen EX. Youll like it, trust me lol

eviLsliDinciVic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes!!! It's coming out end of this year..so look out for it in November or December..I'm getting it too..Groupbuycenter.com I think that's the site..they have them for $474 shipped!!!! They deliver it from Seattle..but yes..I love it..my bf has it on his Civic coupe..

Dragoneye

RAZO Civic
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha, okok, thanks.. I guess since they got the EX< 4dr and 2dr, the lx would be next~ ^_^

where'd you find out about that anyway, I was looking around for a long time, trying to make absolutely sure..

eviLsliDinciVic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well want that or a DC sports exhaust..and I went on the groupbuycenter site..and checked it out..called them up and asked them if they were going to have it or if i could custom fit the one for the ex if i did id hafta get extra piping..but they said it's coming out end of this yr..nov. or dec..=)

Dragoneye

RAZO Civic
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey, I called a GReddy "authorized dealer" around here and they called GReddy, they said they MAY come out with an LX version of the EVO2.... a few months at least.. this is what I've heard .. -_-

Dragoneye

RAZO Civic
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so I went ahead and ordered the EX evo, with Tanabe adapter..
at least it's good brands..

eviLsliDinciVic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah I was going to do the same thing but I was told it won't fit on my model..There will be some welding required so that's why I'm waiting for the Evo to come end of this year..I'd rather wait than trying to bolt it on and weld and get extra piping..ya know? Otherwise I'm getting DC Sports.

Dragoneye

RAZO Civic
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hmm, yeah, hey, some friendly advice, try not to get that DC exhaust, I know it's the only one, but we don't think it's that good (look and all)

I dunno, yours a cpe? because the shop said it's all bolt on...... maybe you're right, but no I'm gettin weldin done to my ride......
because the Tanabe adapter (extra piping) was designed by Tanabe so the LX can carry the EX designed exhaust, they wouldn't make it
so that you needed to weld anything~

http://www.digitalracer.com/catalog/category_product_detail.asp?pid=13039

FhCRubarb

Rice 4 Life
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOOOO DONT GET DC SPORTS!!!

:guns: DC SPORTS

ITs ricey as hell

eviLsliDinciVic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There's this one DC Sports twin caister this kid I know is selling he has a 01' Civic sedan..I looked at it..it's not bad..he wants $350..As for the Evo..if it's the EVO!! I won't get it..totally different..but we'll see...and no I have the Sedan..no coupe for me..my last car was a coupe and needed a change =) Sleeper sedan baby..;) Skunk is on my list too..

Dragoneye

RAZO Civic
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha, you're gonna have a lot of exhausts.. ^_^ sedans can be aight... hehe

well, good luck, you can get the DC, since it's already there for you~
they even got the dyno graph on the DC site..

I like Skunk2, if it'll work with your ride~ ^_^

eviLsliDinciVic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah I haven't decided still looking at a lot of sites..So we'll see..DC Sports, Greddy, and Skunk..I really want Greddy Evo..but I hear Skunk is pretty good too as well as DC Sports..DC is made for our Honda's..lol..

SlammedBlueEM2

Brunettes > Blondes
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you want to put an EX exhaust on an LX, you need an EX exhaust manifold, catalytic converter and an EX front anti sway bar.

Simple as that, and now you have an EX conversion w/o the ECU tuning. :p

eviLsliDinciVic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by SlammedBlueEM2
If you want to put an EX exhaust on an LX, you need an EX exhaust manifold, catalytic converter and an EX front anti sway bar.

Simple as that, and now you have an EX conversion w/o the ECU tuning. :p

Yeah..and that's too much for me to do and spend money on..I plan on just waiting ya know? Easier..I have the patience to wait for the goods hah!

SlammedBlueEM2

Brunettes > Blondes
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
But someone (dunno who it was) said that it MIGHT come out. What if it doesn't?

Ah, personally I haven't been too into exhausts for our rides unless it ends up being lighter than my tire/wheel combo. If it's for looks, I understand but if it's for performance I'd stick with stock. Then again, I don't like the stock sedan muffler but I own a coupe.

eviLsliDinciVic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes, I said it might come out becuz I spoke with a company based in Seattle, Washington who confirmed it..BUT, I went on the Greddy site and it hasn't been on there, YET. I believe it will come out..it's just a matter of when, ya know? Greddy, said they will come out with it but they're not sure when. Hopefully end of this year they said. And that was from Greddy directly..*Shrug*