7th gen option questions

he_sai_

Alright so I have many thoughts on customizing my car a bit but I'm a bit iffy on it.

1. I have an 01-03 bumper on my 04 civic and I want to know how hard it is to spray paint a new bumper if I bought the 04-05 one online. And where can I sell the 01-03 bumper off to instantly?
2. Similar to 1 but instead for a spoiler. Idk if I want a duck lip spoiler or an actual spoiler wing. And would wiring the brake lights be hard?
3. I plasti dipped my rims black but it came out horrible! I did it without removing the wheels but would it come out better if I removed them? (Just curious)
4. Considering on getting the sedan model instead and doing #2 and 3 to it instead. Not sure yet though...

Last edited:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I changed your title from the vague "Thoughts and questions" to something pertinent that may draw helpful attention.

Secondly, everything you asked is easily found online with mild research. This, and the weak title, were most likely the reasons why no one has replied in two weeks.

1a. Rattle can spray painting a bumper will look bad and not last, but you can always prep it yourself (look it up) before having a shop paint it for you so you save money. You can also buy your own paint gun, have a shop sell you the primer, paint & clear and try it yourself.

1b. Sell the bumper on Craigslist or our sale section.

2. Look up how to wire each option. Neither should be difficult.

3. The problem is user or prep error. Having thevwheels off will make no difference.

4. This isnt a question, so what do you expect from this information?

daperez13

Respected
For F*ck's sake!

HeX, you need a vacation bro...just saying. Stop catering to these lazy, "spoon feed me everything", millennials!

I wish I lived closer to you, I'd buy you a beer.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
For F*ck's sake!

HeX, you need a vacation bro...just saying. Stop catering to these lazy, "spoon feed me everything", millennials!

I wish I lived closer to you, I'd buy you a beer.
Lol. I'll take you upon that when I visit Cali. Its the holidays so I fought against my typical sarcastic nature and decided to be nice. Holding back on the "Where do I sell stuff?" question was a task though. ;-) You've been seeing my comments so Im not getting soft, just tactical.