88 Civic Wagovan...

Gingervitis28

5+ Year Member
Okay, so I was given a 88 Honda Civic Wagovan as my first car. As it stands it is a complete POS. I'm looking to change this but here comes the biggest problem. I am virtually car-retarded. What I'm looking to do is make this car a decent ride-around car and then if I can handle that maybe move onto more difficult and technical things.

Problems that I'm aware of:
The hood doesn't pop.
The back right door doesn't open (Locks jammed)
Blower motor is out
Compressor is out
Needs a new receiver drier
Absolutely REEKS! (Smells like wet dog and old people)
Dog hair is woven into the carpet
Interior door panels have been chewed off in some places
Trunk door doesn't stay open.
Edit: Battery is dead but that's an easy fix.

I'm a little unsure as to where I should start and how I would go about doing it. Any and all help is appreciated. My primary focus is getting that god awful smell out. I've vacuumed, put pet fresh down and vacuumed some more, I even put air freshners there. Nothing. I'm thinking that my only option is to rip out the carpet and replace it.

Not to mention the dash and interior door panels are absolutely filthy. What could I clean it with that wouldn't damage it further? Or does it really even matter?

Here are a few pictures:

Where the door panel has been chewed off.

4bangincivic

sup
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
first and foremost you need to sell me those seats...

aznsk8rboii

A Fiend
5+ Year Member
ah as for the smell...go to your local car wash and ask themn how much just to spray their industrial strength air fresher. Eh the next thing to help aid that is to have that same place shampoo it....or u can do it yourself with some home made cleaning solution, bush, and shop vac.

projektej8

-------------------------
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my friend has a wagovan with an h22 and gutted its quick as s**t

4bangincivic

sup
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
btw, to get that pet hair up, use a pet hair brush that you would use on a dog or cat.

Gingervitis28

5+ Year Member
btw, to get that pet hair up, use a pet hair brush that you would use on a dog or cat.
I tried that last night, didn't help too much. This car has been through 15 years of carrying long haired dogs EVERYWHERE. I'm going to pull the carpet out and shampoo the piss out of it. If that doesn't help I'll just buy a carpet kit

first and foremost you need to sell me those seats...
I'll think about it.

ah as for the smell...go to your local car wash and ask themn how much just to spray their industrial strength air fresher. Eh the next thing to help aid that is to have that same place shampoo it....or u can do it yourself with some home made cleaning solution, bush, and shop vac.
I managed to get the smell out, now its just a matter of getting the dog hair out.

Gingervitis28

5+ Year Member
With the way things are now, I can spare one front seat. Just one. Possibly the back seat if you really want it. But I won't deal with selling crap off till I finish getting the carpet out. I can't get the panel below the radio off. I unscrewed it but I'm not sure where to go from there. I got everything else out though so I'll be cleaning the carpet come tomorrow or monday. After that I might take the time to come up with a price.

Gingervitis28

5+ Year Member
Thanks. I ripped the carpet out and scrubbed the piss out of it with minimal results. I already ordered the carpet kit and now I'm onto a new compressor and receiver drier. I planned on ordering from partstrain.com. Anywhere else I should be looking at instead?