8th gen. a fun car to drive?

mitka

5+ Year Member
Hi,

I am owner of 6th generation civic, and man I love to drive it. It is getting old and I started to get "curious" about what Honda has to offer. I checked out 8th gen civics, and they look nice, but I have a feeling they are more like older accords, family cars. Checked out Honda Fit and got the same feeling I get from my older civic, a fun car to drive. Am I completely wrong? Are there many people here who switched from 6th to 8th generation civic. Do they like the change?

Yeah my current car is DX and I checked out DX and LX, not SI.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've got a 6th gen LX sedan and an 8th gen Si sedan, The 8th gen is much more fun to drive

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have an 06 ex auto, and it is really fun to drive, im sure its more fun than the 6th gen because it handles better and is faster go test drive one.

an7202

5+ Year Member
yea my gurlfriends just got a 09 white si and that thing is a blast to drive it handles way better than my lowered integra. its quick too the only thing is that its low on torque ....

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I test drove an 09 si and hated it for the sheer fact that my EX felt like it had more torque then it.

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I knew someone was going to take that comment too seriously. I know it's not true, I'm saying from the power difference, it didn't feel what I guess thought it should feel like?
it does feel weak until you hit vtec, then its like a whole nother monster. did you hit vtec in the test drive?

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i remember when my wife drove her mom's 00 Ex about 20 miles to her aunts house, she said she'd never drive that thing again, she couldn't believe how much different our 08 Si was over that thing, even her mom liked our 8th gen over her 6th gen, inwhich she ended up buying a new 08 Ex sedan, and she even kept the ole 00 Ex as a beater for driving to work.

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ill 1 up you, i did it on an 09 with 13 miles, then launched at 4 grand =) the person behind me was on my ass so hard i dont think i could roll back at all without hitting, so i made sure i didnt heh

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I've got a 6th gen LX sedan and an 8th gen Si sedan, The 8th gen is much more fun to drive
A 6th gen LX, few options and the weakest engine, versus an 8th gen Si sedan, fully loaded with the top of the line engine. Of course it's more fun to drive.
i have an 06 ex auto, and it is really fun to drive, im sure its more fun than the 6th gen because it handles better and is faster go test drive one.
I have a 6th gen EX coupe and a 6th gen CX hatch here. I test drove a new Fit (auto) and a new Civic Si coupe.

The Fit surprised me. It was a lot more fun that I expected, and I hate autos.

The Civic. It was horrible. DBW felt odd (but not in the Fit for some reason). The steering felt strange. My boyfriend complained about not being able to see the end of the hood either, but that's something I experience with all cars. plus the car felt freaking huge. It just felt fat.

I really wish I liked the 8th gens more, but Honda didn't build those cars to my liking much at all.

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
DBW felt bad because you arent used to it, and its worse feeling in the si than it is the R18 motor, i dont notice it at all. yeah the hood thing is no big deal. i dont understand the car feeling huge, but i also came from driving a 83 1500 silverado.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
A 6th gen LX, few options and the weakest engine, versus an 8th gen Si sedan, fully loaded with the top of the line engine. Of course it's more fun to drive.

I have a 6th gen EX coupe and a 6th gen CX hatch here. I test drove a new Fit (auto) and a new Civic Si coupe.

The Fit surprised me. It was a lot more fun that I expected, and I hate autos.

The Civic. It was horrible. DBW felt odd (but not in the Fit for some reason). The steering felt strange. My boyfriend complained about not being able to see the end of the hood either, but that's something I experience with all cars. plus the car felt freaking huge. It just felt fat.

I really wish I liked the 8th gens more, but Honda didn't build those cars to my liking much at all.
the steering on the fit and the Si coupe should be the same, both are electronic steering, though i guess the weight difference of them both may make it seem different.

and i have no clue how anyone can really reel a difference in DBW, with all the honda's i have owned i still can't feel what everyone is talking about, having owned a Fit for a extended time, i can say that it's no where as good or better then a Si, IMO, can't even be compared against one, little confused as to why it's was brought up to compare against a Civic, since it wasn't what were talking about, lol.