8th gen

wmertz

~multi-colored beast~
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
whats your opinion on the new si's? i personally think its the smartest thing honda ever did besides make 5th gen hatchbacks

Sandals

I love the fact that a civic finally comes stock w/ a decent amount of hp (stateside). I love even more the fact that it comes stock with an LSD. I'm surpised they are now using the wishbone suspension with the springs rotating in two different directions. Many people say it's out of date to use wishbone, yet I think Mitsubishi is using a similar setup on their newer cars as well. I guess only time will tell on this one.

Now onto what I don't like: DRIVE BY WIRE! I just dont like a lil computer chip controlly the throttle. (Can't wait to see a swap/mod done to fix this) ugh but Honda is getting with the times. I also don't like the body styling of the coupe. I've never been a big Honda-coupe person, just me. The weight kind of upsets me (2900lb's and civic just dont go); but Honda's pushing the civic into a market where it needs all the accessories and features. From a marketing point of view I think Honda did the best with what they could. I hate it cosmetically (minus the seats I like those). I just don't like how it looks.

rEkKaShInObI

VTEC-NICIAN
5+ Year Member
the new si will be one mean honda, i cant wait to see it out on the road. i hope it wont be rare to see like the ridgeline is.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
im sure once they start selling it, youll see it as often as you see a 6th or 7th gen Si

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:werd: they new si will sell very well a i predict

wannabe

law abiding smog tech
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Going-West said:
if i had the money i know i would buy one for sure!

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Going-West said:
let me emphasize the VERY WELLLLLLL part again :lol:

soldiaboy

343 FDNY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its a nice car all around. I was able to test drive it and the drive by wire sucks ass. inside is very impressive but at the same time makes it heavy. I wouldn't buy one cause I love my 6th gen and the 20gs price tag doesnt help

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't think the Si has the electronic throttle, the lesser civics have it because the car runs the throttle butterfly open to eliminate pumping losses and relys on the cam adjustments for the air/fuel mix in the cylinders, that's how with 140hp it can get 44mpg on the highway. Think of it this way, it should respond really well to bolt ons with the better breathing design, and the Dbw really only takes control under cruising, the rest of the time it does what you want, like under acceleration.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i'm waiting for the 07...

Here's a question. Does the VP, LX, and EX all have the same engine now? If so, I might be able to live with not having a sunroof. Of course I want the Si. I just don't know that I can justify 20K+.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
all the base models have the same engine. It's just the features that make the difference.