91 civic si b16 or b18 vtec swap

Felix24

Hey guys I'm a little new to the honda game just got a 91 civic hatchback si and wanting to do a b16 vtec or a b18 vtec swap. Looking for what parts I will need to do the swap and of if I need to do any mods to the engine bay so it can fit?

Quest_walker

Hey guys I'm a little new to the honda game just got a 91 civic hatchback si and wanting to do a b16 vtec or a b18 vtec swap. Looking for what parts I will need to do the swap and of if I need to do any mods to the engine bay so it can fit?
What's good man well there are a lot of things that you can do with either motor. For instance I had a EG hatch with a b16 all motor and made descent number with just simple bolts ons. Once I began to put more money into the head it felt a lot stronger. Now I've never had gsr but I did have a lsVtec motor and with the same head from the b16 and the bigger stroke of the ls b18b motor I was able to make more power. My preference is a LS-v or b20-v. Just my two cents. But it all comes down to what you want to do...all motor, nitrous, or even turbo.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looking for what parts I will need to do the swap and of if I need to do any mods to the engine bay so it can fit?
Have you searched yourself, I mean, we are talking about a 20 yr old motor and a 25-ish yr old chassis?
Crx chassis, but same steps..
http://crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?t=173

What's good man well there are a lot of things that you can do with either motor. For instance I had a EG hatch with a b16 all motor and made descent number with just simple bolts ons. Once I began to put more money into the head it felt a lot stronger. Now I've never had gsr but I did have a lsVtec motor and with the same head from the b16 and the bigger stroke of the ls b18b motor I was able to make more power. My preference is a LS-v or b20-v. Just my two cents. But it all comes down to what you want to do...all motor, nitrous, or even turbo.
None of that is relevant to the question asked.....

mcdavidbranson

You should call JDM importers who sell the whole swap with ecu & wiring.