91 octane in my b18b1

civicspencer

Registered VIP
I'm curious, I've heard that it's better to run 91 octane, so I'm wondering if you guys could telle if this is true and what the good and bass are of this

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
false. higher octane for higher compression motors b18b isnt a high compression motor. youd just be wasting your money and killing your catalytic converter at the same time.

maximusmda

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
false. higher octane for higher compression motors b18b isnt a high compression motor. youd just be wasting your money and killing your catalytic converter at the same time.
are you serious? everything you said was false..... higher the octane the cleaner the car runs... higher octane the better gas milage you get... higher octane better performing engine.. cleaner everything...

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^ more false, lol.

This has been discussed before. Higher octane is better for high compression or turbo cars because it helps prevent detonation. There really is no point in running higher octane gas on a normal unmodded N/A engine.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
are you serious? everything you said was false..... higher the octane the cleaner the car runs... higher octane the better gas milage you get... higher octane better performing engine.. cleaner everything...
nothing i said was false. your cat converter will die eventually because it will have to burn off the fuel that your motor didnt because the compression was too low for proper combustion. mileage will remain the same, there will be no significant difference in the amount of air youre polluting. and i would imagine it would eventually foul up your o2 censors. bottom line, dont do it if your motors internal work is stock or you dont have forced induction mods.

civicspencer

Registered VIP
well that sucks i guess i have to spend some big buck to run 91 then
thanks guys
check out my other threads i need help