92 cicic fuel pump not grounding new ECM and Main relay

RonJ

Banned
The original ECM was sent back as a core. Grounding A7&8 key on pump runs.
Okay

I used the thermostat for the ground on the test.
If you want, you could repeat the TPS and MAP connector voltage tests using the (-) battery post as ground to rule out a G3 transmission ground or G1 battery ground issue.

Edit: I see you were a step ahead of me and already did these tests.

The non start issue was intermittent at first and then became this fatal error. Maybe happened 4 or 5 times. It has never started with a new main relay and new ECM. Don't know if that helps.
At this point, I think the ECU you purchased was bad out of the box.

Thanks for helping.
:thumbs up

Where are the other ends of sensor wires and I will check resistance.
For wires that should read 5V, these are the ECU connector pins:

MAP sensor
Yel/Grn = D19
Wht = D17

TPS
Yel/Wht = D20

Last edited by a moderator:

woodenspirit

Wires test perfect to sensors. I know you can get bad parts sometimes but the same problem with 2 ECMS
seems improbable.

RonJ

Banned
Wires test perfect to sensors. I know you can get bad parts sometimes but the same problem with 2 ECMS
seems improbable.
Why do you say "same problem"?

Improbable? Keep in mind that the ECUs we're discussing are 18-21 years old. It's no longer rare for these ECUs to fail.

There will come a point where you must either believe your test results or not. All the results that you posted STRONGLY point to a bad ECU.

The car has been sitting for a year and a half after I replaced the ECM and it did not fix the problem. It had a warranty I can't recall what it was. It was a reconditioned unit.
This^ was the only mistake that you made. You should have done the testing immediately and then requested a refund.

Otherwise, your electrical testing in this thread has been excellent. It's been a pleasure helping you. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

woodenspirit

Thanks for the help. I did do pretty much the same tests that were posted on prior threads and came to the same conclusion that it must be the ECM. That's why I replaced it the first time. I need to find someone with a civic and test My ECM in their car. Anyone out there near Auburn Ca?

RonJ

Banned
I need to find someone with a civic and test My ECM in their car. Anyone out there near Auburn Ca?
...or conversely test their ECU in your car. In addition, any OBD1 Honda ECU should be fine for testing whether the fuel pump primes because there's no need to start the engine or drive the car.