92 EX help with acceleration/power/electrical problems...

sippncld1z

Hey guys, new to the forum and looking for some help with a few problems.....maybe somebody has experienced the same and can point me in the right direction.

So my civic has started to act sluggish when I start to accelerate. When I would take off it starts slow with no power, sputters, and gradually gets up to speed. Once it gets to about 40 mph it seems to drive fine until I come to a stop again. Speedometer was working intermittently.
CEL goes on and off and was throwing code 17. Which i believe is VSS. So i replaced the VSS and seem to be having the same problem except not as frequent. Also the speedometer is not working at all with new VSS and CEL is still on throwing the same code VSS.

A day later I noticed the plug for the VTEC solenoid had a broken wire so I thought that may be the problem. I changed that as well and now the car seems to be running worse.
. upload_2015-9-8_22-26-33.png

Im not sure if this is related but im having some weird electrical stuff going on. When the lights are off during the day and I apply the Brake the parking lights and dash lights go on and shut off when I release the brake.

Any suggestions?

blazer92

That's pretty weird issue, have you checked if you are getting right fuel pressure? What will happen if you try to remove that relay?

sippncld1z

That's pretty weird issue, have you checked if you are getting right fuel pressure? What will happen if you try to remove that relay?
No I havnt checked fuel pressure. Just started with trying to eliminate code. And which relay?