92 hatch 130-150 bhp project

ProBuzzEG

Respected
Hello everybody! I am new to clubcivic. I have been a long time member of HSVracing.com, a local forum here in Huntsville, Alabama. I have recently acquired a 1992 EG hatch manual everything car. Plans for this car is to race round track in the probuzz class at Huntsville Speedway. My background is in old school GM V8 small block along with LS series GM, so this is going to be huge learning curve. I bought a running and driving 1.5 manual car. Current progress:

Car completely stripped, nothing cut, ready for cage and paint
Transmission - undecided as gear ratios play a huge part, but looking for GSR or 92-95 LS Integra
Engine - undecided goal - 130-150 bhp NA with minor allowed modifications.
Rear disk brake swap from 2000 Integra
***Glass has been removed***

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Will be posting pics of progress. Thanks

Few pics looks rough

Last edited:

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:welcome:

Welcome to the site! Looks like a good solid foundation. Definitely excited to see this build

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Transmission - undecided as gear ratios play a huge part, but looking for GSR or 92-95 LS Integra
92-93 Integra transmissions are cable actuated clutch, 94-01 Integra is hydraulic actuated. You'll have to decide how you want it run.

ProBuzzEG

Respected
92-93 Integra transmissions are cable actuated clutch, 94-01 Integra is hydraulic actuated. You'll have to decide how you want it run.
Current setup is hydraulic. I want to be able to run in 3rd gear. Only gear changes will be 2nd to 3rd on starts and restarts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ProBuzzEG

Respected
Machining allowed to engine and engine parts. Bore increase up to .060. Adjustable can gears allowed. No dome tops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProBuzzEG

Respected
Complete driveline has been removed, along with glass. Will be setting the car back on the scales Friday to see what the empty shell weighs. The only things left in the car are: dash harness along with computer, fuse box on Pass fender, engine harness from drivers firewall to interior fuse block, steering column assembly minus stiffener bar (will reinforce with dash bar from roll cage), pedal assemblies, e-brake assembly, brake booster/master cylinder assembly, slave cylinder assembly (system unbroken), fuel level - unknown at this time (@ 6 lbs a gallon), manual steering rack, full front and rear suspension with drum brakes. Starting weight as driven in the shop was 2039 lbs.

ProBuzzEG

Respected
Quick update. The body as described above weighs in at 1190 lbs. The entire dash harness, both fuse blocks, and computer have been removed for future relocation in custom interior enclosure. Pedal assemblies have been removed, what was left of pads trashed and pads have been redone.
Throttle still has pad with grip place on the pad itself. This is to test grip on throttle. If grip on throttle proves to be troublesome while driving pad can be removed for a smooth surface for throttle modulation.