92 honda civic hatchback cx please help having a problem

daltonshirley68

I have a problem with my car the other day we tighten the throttle cable and I took it on a test drive on my way home it died and wouldn't start again to fine out it was the ingntion coil relay in the distributor cap and now it starts bit I took it for another test drive after I placed that part and got it running and on the test drive it was wanting to shift to early and if I put I foot in it a little bit it cut out and then on my way home I took a turn and it died and I let it stop and tried to start it and it wouldn't start so I pushed it home and got in it and it started right up.why is it dieing only when I drive it please help

Sent from my SM-G530R4 using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a problem with my car. The other day we tightened the throttle cable and I took it on a test drive. On my way home it died and wouldn't start again. ??? to find out it was the ignition coil relay in the distributor so I replaced that part. Now its wanting to shift too early and if I accelerate it a little bit too fast(?) it cuts off. On my way home I took a turn and it died and I couldnt get it to start so I pushed it home. Once I got home it started right up. Why is it dying only when I drive it? Please help.
I couldn't really understand how you wrote your comments, so I tried to clean it up a bit. Please make sure to take your time and write clearly with details so you receive more helpful replies. I'm still not fully understanding your issues, so please clarify the following questions.

1. Who is this "we" you refer to and have they continued to help try to figure out your issue(s)?
2. What compelled you to feel you needed to tighten the throttle cable? Have you tried to loosen it up some?
3. Did any of these issues happen prior to adjusting the throttle cable? If not then undo what you did.
3. Based on your "wanting to shift early" comment, I assume its an automatic. Is this correct?
4. I think you meant as accelerating too quickly causes the engine to shut off. Is that correct?
5. When you turned and it shut off, was this a quick wide turn? Were you accelerating hard through the turn?
6. Have your tried accelerating hard in neutral and in gear to see if it behaves differently?

Also, as the thread rules state, remember in the future to write a thread title that summarizes your issues to attract people who may help with your specific problem.