'93 civic ex fuel pump primes when it wants

Dirttypretty

Fuel pump primes when it wants. New pump,filter,battery,main relay. Clueless to what it could be. Any help in right direction??

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Are you sure everything is making good connection? Did you use a Honda pump & relay or aftermarket?

Dirttypretty

Are you sure everything is making good connection? Did you use a Honda pump & relay or aftermarket?
Yeah everything is making good connection and I
Got the pump and relay from autozone. Would it be better to get them from an actual Honda dealer?

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Honda parts would definitely be better, along with much more expensive. It may be the AutoZone part, especially if its a rebuilt part. Swap it out for another from them.

Dirttypretty

Honda parts would definitely be better, along with much more expensive. It may be the AutoZone part, especially if its a rebuilt part. Swap it out for another from them.
Swap it for another part from autozone or from honda? I'll start saving then lol just got my car repossessed and trying to get the civic running since I own it. Fingers crossed

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The AutoZone part should have at least a 1 year warranty on it. Call to make sure they have another in stock before you take it back to swap.

Dirttypretty

The AutoZone part should have at least a 1 year warranty on it. Call to make sure they have another in stock before you take it back to swap.
Ok cool. I'll do that tomorrow on my lunch break. Hopefully it's something not so expensive that's wrong