93 CX hatch. total honda newbie.

xHanzJay

Lulzaflopter
hello. i recently bought a 93 CX hatch. it's black, but faded. the body is beat to hell and back, but whatever it's a cheap beater. I came from a chevy cav z24, and 3 DSM background. (meaning the cars i've owned previously.) Well not strictly DSM's they were Dodge Avenger's with the 420a (the 2g non turbo engines) but close enough. one was built turbo ~400 whp. They are sort od DSM's slower less pretty cousin.

moving onto the hatch.

so originally it was a 1.5 8v sohc engine. but a rebuilt d15b7 was swapped into it along with a DX trans. stock internals, bored 20 over. new autozone clutch, all about 18k miles ago. runs great. trans sort of hums, might be a bad throw out bearing, not sure. not as bad with the clutch pressed so that makes me think it's a bad throw out.
the car has power nothing. no ps, no ac, no power locks, windows, mirrors n-o-t-h-i-n-g.

other mods are some H&R lowering springs on stock shocks. no wheel gap. rides not too bad over bumps. handles like a go cart. really fun in that respect.
energy suspension LCA bushings front/rear
integra front LCA's (but no roll bar)
ES shifter bushings
4-2-1 header, test pip, 2.5" ebay exhaust with a can muffler.
SRI (autozone specter special)
sedan arm rest
cluster with tach. 7.2k RPM tach, 130 mph speedo (but engine redlines at 6.5k still)
cargo cover
integra seats (back seats aren't held in place very well)
ollllllld aftermarket sunroof. doesn't leak though surprisingly
windshield only a year old.
d16a6 cam
skunk 2 cam gear
aftermarket headuint with some speakers in the door (CX's didn't come with a radio apparently? no idea)
tinted windows. mirror in the back, and pretty dark in the front minus windshield.
dual bend shifter

Owned the car about 2 days now and so far i've replaced the can muffler with a magnaflow i had sitting around. before it sounded like a car that had no exhaust, sort of like my old avenger with open header. It sounds like a honda now. Only changed muffler because it was SO LOUD holy **** headache loud. it's better at cruise now but still it's way too loud. going to add a cat next. then a reso if i have to.

came with 175/70-13 almost bald tires on steel rims. replace with some discount tire special rims and all season tires. 195/55-15 $620 out the door. they rub a bit in the rear 1/4's over a hard bump bump but not bad.

on the list of things i want to do is:
Body work. new drivers door, new drivers front 1/4. patch/weld rear 1/4's and remove a big *** dent. new hood, probably cf.
stereo system. install my subs and stereo. replace the front speakers and modify the back somewhere for some 6x9's.
get some better struts that are made for lowering springs. maybe coilovers instead but who knows.
the exhaust. needs to quiet down a lottttttt.
maintenance.
profit

Notes so far on driving it about 300 miles:
handles like a go kart. really fun to drive because of that. with the new wider tires, this thing handles like it's on rails. love to see how it does in autox. but realistically, it's just a beater so probably will never do that.
slow. just all around slow. 4.5k to redline is a bit better, but overall just barely any power. might pull out a mid 16 1/4 by my guess.
really don't like the raspy sound. maybe it'll grow on me. guess i'll see.
overall i like the car so far. loving how much space is in the engine bay. will be really easy to work on when needed.
it's going to be interesting driving a dumped hatch in the snow. even with brand new all-seasons.

think that covers it.

oh on a more personal side, i'm from michigan, almost 25 years old. college student. computer nerd. metal head (well more hard rock recently).

only question:
doing a front wheel bearing, autozone said they aren't assemblies so it'll be hard to replace. something about needing to have it pressed in, does that sound right? i've never heard of that before.

Pictures: