93 DelSol Si To EG2 RHD CR-X DelSol SIR TransTop (All Motor Build)

GuttaGutta JDM

aha sooo its been a long long long time since ive posted on this site. I just went through my old post's from 2011 and had a great laugh at the stuff I posted ahha hella noob. Anyways no one on here will remember but I joined this civicclub 4 years ago to show off my first eg coupe that I was pretty proud of. Looking back it was hoopty but I loved it! anyways after asking a million questions about how to do things to the thing I had it taken. Soo after that I posted on here again showing off the ultra rare 1990 EE shuttle RT4WD I scooped up but it was sooo rotted I left it till it sold because I knew I couldn't build it. soo after that I got myself a tegg to build and it was pretty good for 900$ but I ended up parking that for a long time because the motor was poop and I couldnt get the papers so I sold for dirt cheap. After that I kinda gave up on the dream of building a car. But I dont quit so I saved up and got myself a beast Delsol Si for 1400$ and it was perfect for a build! I'll post my old threads then show you what I've built!

First car thread. Hella noob

http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/first-car.205268/

-Then the RT4WD I didnt get to build -_-
http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/1989-honda-civic-rtw4d-wagon.214202/

Anyways let me get to my Del Sol build! aha

GuttaGutta JDM

I picked up a 93 del sol si for 1400 January 18th 2013 1 day before my birthday.
Dertyghettokid;48750683 said:
My plans for this car is to slam it, put the swap in, body work and paint =) tuck and paint bay. Buy wheels and stance it and that's it.
That was what I posted in a previous thread back in 2013. Its been 2 long years with this build with alot of ups and downs in my life but im still trying my hardest to keep with my first build.

If you have instagram follow me! @ dertyghettokid. I post mad flicks!
This is the first day I bought the car. Only thing wrong with it was exhaust was rotten so it was loud. Perfect car for a build!

GuttaGutta JDM

Thought I'd show the clean interior and the km's on the car. Perfect 1st car purchase imo, At the time I was working Backshift at walmart so I didnt have stacks of cash lol

GuttaGutta JDM

Then it begins. When I bought the car I had one mission and that was sell the D series as a swap and sell the wheels and tires for build funds. Even before I started my build I knew what I wanted and how I was going to do it. I lost my license for 2 years so I had time to build a great car. I finally got a buyer so it was time to get rid of the swap. took it to a buddies and we went to work. We didnt get it out that night it was late, next day buyer and my buddy took the swap out because buyer was eager to get the swap out and I honestly didnt know s**t about building cars.

There she is no motor and no wheels 800$ for build money =)

GuttaGutta JDM

Build starts off boring and I'm sorry but I promise it picks up :D keep in mind I live in an appartment and didnt know notta when I started the build.

So I started learning about delsols and instantly wanted rare jdm sir goodies

ordered a sir lip

This is where things start getting good. JDM DC2 real Recaros

GuttaGutta JDM

BTW the str wheels I posted were traded for a LSVtec swap but it was shady so I ended up selling it before I even touched it.

So next purchase was a GSR swap came with some goodies.

Got a tow to a buddies parents garage

This is when my build jump started. Had a place to finally do what I wanted. Strip the bay and paint it.

I was kinda lucky there were a few rust spots. where I live they salt everything in the winter, it wasn't too bad so I sanded it all down.

GuttaGutta JDM

Ready to paint

First Coat. Was way to hyped aha btw bay was done with spray paint.

After a few coats it was time for my vision to be created.

GuttaGutta JDM

S/O to shaysstickers and eastcoastsols

So gloss white. spraypaint

At this point I ordered Hansport mounts :D btw everything I bought for this build was all me no one told me what to get or what to do. This is what my vision of my first build looked like, I dont take suggestions unless it has to do with motor.

Didnt know at the time but needed the delsol vtec post mount from the sir motor lol

GuttaGutta JDM

Showing off my spray paint job, used a pearl clear coat then cleared over that aswell.

Ran all new braklines for my tuck, Run them into the firewall and put my prop valve where my heater core was. First time ever doing brakelines. no leaks :D I know it doesnt look the prettiest but no one cares lol also painted my fuel filter and brake booster. they were hella rusty.

Got Excited so I test fitted the motor. found out about the post mount I needed.

can you ever see the sparkle in the spark plug wire cover.

add the instagram!

GuttaGutta JDM

ordered some wheels again and the K-Tuned shifter

Ordered racelands oltimo's was mad when they didnt come with top hats.

Wheels and shifter came. I ordered white off ebay week later dude tells me he doesnt have em, offered me them blk and chucked in neo chrome lugs and hub rings for free!

again mad as hell when they didnt come like photo lol

That was my friday night

Was so hyped I test fitted the wheels

GuttaGutta JDM

So I ordered a pair of SK2 pro series s's and SK2 gold rca's from andys auto sport for a del sol. I got one box and it was the front camber kit for a ek.... and no rca to be found. I email them and they said that the lca wasnt sent because they dont have it in stock. long story short i had to send the camber kit back, took months to get my refund and they tried to rip me 0ff but i got my money back. Bought these off someone local for 120$ brandnew.

Not a fan of the pink but whatever no one sees it lol

SK2 RCA from pw jdm

she was finally was sittin low and dirty ahah

had some tires shipped to the house. where i live this size just doesn't exists! I had to order off ebay to get them!

had some tires shipped to the house. where i live this size just doesn't exists! I had to order off ebay to get them!

GuttaGutta JDM

Ordered cf whale****

Next for me was getting the Recaros in

Got tired of waiting for my buddy to weld the rails to the custom brackets , (welder by trade) so i did it myself lol

Was feeling pumped. seats were in, shift knob was on the way, chipped ecu and rear sir delsol b16 T bracket mount were on its way along with the intake. after that it was time to start getting the gsr going :D

Relocate. new garage with better resources for what I was doing

GuttaGutta JDM

Getting hooked up, most of this wasnt done by me, I was working way to much and buddy that owns the garage works on cars all night and slept in the day and never went there on weekends. so i gave him a few bucks to hook up the gsr and he sold me a skunk 2 full exhaust because i needed one. Nights I would spend over there id stay till 3am go home and wake up for 6:50am to go to work.

we welded a custom shift linkage.Pretty ghetto but tightest shifts ever!

all hooked up and running, picked up a dual core rad local for 50$ At this moment i found out the gsr smoked very bad. took it for a test drive and the main bearing in trans was bad too. shifted flawless though just made weird noise and jiggled a bit. but i say F it drive it through the summer just to enjoy it then back to building!

Bought someones car and made it my own.

left the garage 3am and drove home. havent driven this car in a year so i was sooo happy to drive my first car after a year of hard work!

GuttaGutta JDM

Didnt have it insured yet so I just took it across the street to give it a LONG! over do bath lmao

Took flicks with my Nikon D5100

Here you can see me sitting on my delsol at a local meet. we meet every sunday here and it gets huge! This was the first time I got down there with my delsol and everyone was lovin it. I'm beside the silver jetta and the big truck.

GuttaGutta JDM

Ok this is going to get hectic. Basically acouple weeks later of loving my life. I was on my way home from work and was stuck in city traffic and noticed my oil light came on by the time i got to a place to turn off it was to late... KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!

So that was the end of the gsr. pulled it took off everything and sold just motor and trans. and parked it.

a week or two later my buddy came home with a civic wagon i instantly bought it off him because he has a del sol build going its a SIR trans top. and he knew if he kepted this he would build it so for a daily i bought this civic wagon and put my wheels on it. had a roll cage, momo bucket seat, stage 4 clutch, d16y8 it was a fun car. Got My wagon on again! ahah

Had soooo much fun with it and became inlove so i had to sell it or id give up on the sol. drove it for a month and sold it for what i paid for it.

same night i sold the wagon I bought a tegg gs slammed and super clean leather interior. awesome car dipped it white then sold it a month later.

day after i dipped the car, i got it impounded for a day so thats the day i got it back home all dirty and didnt finish peeling off everything lol. sold that for more than i paid for it.

Bought this civic same night I sold the integra. stock B18 si with sir lip, spoiler fogs etc no rust and body had low clicks was a gem

Bought some wheels for it and DD that for a bit and then...

Traded the mint 99 si for a 93 civic coupe with a none running JDM B18C Type r motor. Delsol got pulled off the road late june and I traded my black civic in dec lol thats alot of cars to have in that period of time.