94 Civic wont start after raining

Schmidtae

I bought this car used and it had a few issues that I had fixed by a Honda Mechanic. The car had sat a while and the fuel pump sock was super clogged and somehow it was straining so much that it was shorting out the ecu. After having a new ecu put in and a main relay replaced i was able to drive for several months. The fuel pump, sock and main realy were the parts replaced at the time.

Now when it rains the car will not start. it spins but i dont hear the fuel pump come on. I pulled the ecu and it is bone dry and no signs of rust or anythin. i was thinking maybe there was a leak and it was getting wet.

Anyone ever had this issue and if so, what fixed it.

Thanks in advance for all input

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
When you put the key to the 2 position or ON position you should hear the fuel pump prime and then cut off. If you do not hear this then check the Fuel Injection Fuse under the hood. If good, then check for voltage at the main relay. You can test a relay with a 12v battery and wire leads. To learn how to test the main relay just search it on YouTube. I may have to make a video for this issue =)

If you need wiring diagrams, you can download the service manual from my website. www.tunanocrustgarage.com

By the way, it would be helpful to know what year your Civic is.