95 civic dx sputtering problem at low rpms.

jdmcolt

i have a 95 civic with a d15b7. out of nowhere it started sputtering and losing power in low rpms. it also has somewhat of a rough idle. many of the parts have been replace since i bought the car a year ago. i just had the oil changed at a honda dealership a few days before the problem occured. i figured maybe it was a spark problem so i replace the spark plugs with ngk v power and set the gap at .44. the plug wires i have are only about 6 months old. the ignition coil and rotar button are about a year old cause i replaced them when i bought the car. i was wondering if it was a fuel delivery problem pertaining to maybe my fuel filter, fuel pump or injectors. i have a set of injectors off a b18b i got at a scrap yard but not sure of the condition, they look pretty clean but thats besides the point. i would also like to point out that the head gasket was replaced when i got the car a year ago as well. i do have a set of 4-2-1 headers with a straight pipe meaning no cat. there is a slight exhaust leak in between the manifold and downpipe that i put an epoxy sealant on to fix it but it blows it out. if anybody can help it would be greatly appriciated.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Some easy things to check would be the intake as well as the filter. and make sure there aren't any unplugged vacuum hoses.

sealant isnt going to fix a big gap between your pipes and that exhaust leak or the lack of back pressure from straight pipe could manifest as problems.

some other info people might want to know
Does the problem go away after the car is at operating temp?
does the problem go away at a certain rpm?
Is the gas tank filled? (silly question but it's possible)
have any of your modifications removed factory sensors? such as the o2 sensors in the exhaust

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Fix that exhaust leak. Its not helping anything...

jdmcolt

The problem persists nomatter the temperature. Also if i push the pedal to the floor the sputter stops. No sensors were removed. The cel is not on. Gas tank is full.