95 Civic Ex D16Z6 engine and transmission compatability?

simple_tech248

Hey new to the site as a member and wanted to know if anyone knows which transmissions with better gearing are able to swap with the s20 manual transmission that came with the car. Currently my trans is leaking from the case and has some gear issues, thought I would see if a better transmission is out there for mpg since its a commuter car.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Currently my trans is leaking from the case and has some gear issues, thought I would see if a better transmission is out there for mpg since its a commuter car.
I would look for another Ex transmission or maybe even a Dx.
I wouldn't bother with swapping in a Cx/Vx transmission. The gears are so tall in that, you'll be hard pressed to get out of your own way and really don't feel it will be a good match for your z6 motor.

You want better mpg's, get a set 14" OEM Insight wheels matched with Bridgestone Potenza RE92, 165/65R14, essentially a low rolling resistance tire on lightweight wheels.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
I wouldn't bother with swapping in a Cx/Vx transmission. The gears are so tall in that, you'll be hard pressed to get out of your own way
LMAO... but yea another ex trans would be better tho, i think the ex/si trans had bigger bearings inside than the dx one.. but i'm not to sure tho, i know some d series manual trans had bigger bearing then other ones

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
s**t it's a civic, it should be getting incredible MPG already.