95 Civic Ls swaped Boost vaccum line help needed

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
So what i need help with is I have no clue on if this is hooked up right this is just how another tread on honda tech did it. My problem is that the boost gauge stays at zero and when i get on it it will go down into vacuum instead of up to psi. Any help would be much appreciated.

Ok i only used one plug off the wastegate because thats what i was told to do. The blue line runs to the manual boost controller.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ok the blue line is coming from the wastegate and the black one leads to a block that the boost gauge hooks into then it go's the the brack booster.

The clear lines go's to the boost gauge.

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
Ok so i moved some stuff around i ran the boost gauge to the Fpr vacuum. I teed off the tb for the bov vacuum line.

And i hooked the wastegate up just like they did in this video but my gauge dose not read any boost. I could really use some help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iplv0Nv38gE

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Tee the boost gauge directly into the intake manifold somewhere. There should be a few lines on the back of the manifold.

Your wastegate should be tied into the compressor housing if there is a nipple for it, it not add one as close to the turbo as possible.

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
Tee the boost gauge directly into the intake manifold somewhere. There should be a few lines on the back of the manifold.

Your wastegate should be tied into the compressor housing if there is a nipple for it, it not add one as close to the turbo as possible.
I drilled and taped the compressor housing for the wastegate then used the top fitting on the wastegate for my MBC as i was told to do.

Just found this in my truck and i did some research and people are saying it is the wastegate fire ring guess mine is not in the wastegate so could this be the problem.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
No idea what that is, did you take apart your wastegate or something? Why don't you just pull the vacuum line off the wastegate, go for a drive and cautiously ease into the throttle, if it starts building boost then it is probably your vacuum lines, althought it would have to constantly see boost in order to stay open.

OneFastGSR

Registered VIP
Take the BOV vacuum line and hook it up directly to back of intake manifold

Hook the boost gauge directly to the back of intake manifold

Hook a vacuum hose up to your compressor housing and put a T on it, Put one line from the T to the side of wastegate, Take the upper wastegate vacuum hose to a boost controller than a line from the boost controller to the T

So basically you have a T with one line going to the turbo housing, one line going to side wastegate port, one line going to boost controller, than the boost controller has a line going to upper wastegate port.

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
No idea what that is, did you take apart your wastegate or something? Why don't you just pull the vacuum line off the wastegate, go for a drive and cautiously ease into the throttle, if it starts building boost then it is probably your vacuum lines, althought it would have to constantly see boost in order to stay open.
I did not take the wastegate apart i was told this is call the fire ring and it sits in the wastegate as in the picture you can see it sticking out past the wastegate. So it will build boost with no vacuum lines hooked up to the wastegate. I will try this sunday when i go to work on the car.

Take the BOV vacuum line and hook it up directly to back of intake manifold

Hook the boost gauge directly to the back of intake manifold

Hook a vacuum hose up to your compressor housing and put a T on it, Put one line from the T to the side of wastegate, Take the upper wastegate vacuum hose to a boost controller than a line from the boost controller to the T

So basically you have a T with one line going to the turbo housing, one line going to side wastegate port, one line going to boost controller, than the boost controller has a line going to upper wastegate port.
This is very helpfull but where at on the back of the intake manifold the only place i have a spot to tee off of is where the brake booster connects to the intake manifold.

OneFastGSR

Registered VIP
Depends on what kind of intake manifold you have will say how many ports you have, Skunk2 one has extra ports if i'm not mistaking, You can T off the brake booster and connect your blow off valve and boost gauge to that, There's vacuum blocks that you can also splice into the brake booster and connect all your turbo vacuum lines to it. They cost around $50, Here's a pic of a full race one and it costs $50. It's best to run the wastegate and boost controller directly to the compressor housing though because if it's connected near intake manifold it can cause lag with the vacuum reading and cause the wastegate to open up just a tad late and overboost alittle bit. What you do is cut the brake booster line and connect the brake booster line to each side of the vacuum block. Same as if you were to get a T fitting for it.