95 Civic Ls swaped Speedomiter Not Working

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
Today while working on the car i adjusted the tps sensor and the speedometer stoped working and the car wont rever past 3500 like it is hitting my 2 step. The fuse is fine and so it all connections, was working fine untill i messed with the tps sensor.

RonJ

Banned
Check whether the VSS sensor plug has good power and ground using a multimeter.

All other cluster gauges working? Any CEL codes?

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
Check whether the VSS sensor plug has good power and ground using a multimeter.

All other cluster gauges working? Any CEL codes?
Yes everything else on the cluster works fine. I do have another cluster to try as well. Ill check that plug tomorrow when I go out to work on it. No CEL codes either.

RonJ

Banned
Turn the key off. Then turn the key to the ON(II) position (engine off). Does the CEL turn on and then off after 2 seconds? If you jump the service connector, do any codes blink from the CEL?

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
Turn the key off. Then turn the key to the ON(II) position (engine off). Does the CEL turn on and then off after 2 seconds? If you jump the service connector, do any codes blink from the CEL?

I will try all of this tomorrow when i go out to my moms house to work on it.

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
Got it to work there was anitfreez in the plug must of been from when we pulled the motor out clean it all up and now its fine.

Thanks for the help. Before i cleaned the plug i did test it and it was fine. Also the CEL did not come on when the key was in pos 2 could that be something from the ecu chip.