95 civic turbo cold start problems

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
Ok i have a 95 civic with a b18ls that is boosted with a ebay 50 trim turbo if it is colder than 20a the car will fire right up got to about 1800rpmsit then die immediately if i do this 3-4 more tims it will eventually stay at a idle of around 1000rpms but then if i go to take off in gear it will either die or start to go but run very rough and yes this only happens if its 20° or below i do have a skunk 2 alpha tb if this matters with a chiped ecu from pherbale.net

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Moved to the forced induction section. Left a redirect in Tech since it may not be a FI related issue.

How old are your spark plugs and wires? Any CEL?

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
Spark plugs and wires are around 5 months old and only have 2000 miles on them roughly gonna try and get a video when i can

RonJ

Banned
How old are the cap and rotor? Have you inspected the distributor internals?

As mentioned, what CEL codes are thrown?

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
How old are the cap and rotor? Have you inspected the distributor internals?

As mentioned, what CEL codes are thrown?
The dizzy is brand new my old one the rotor screw fell off and it did some damage so i had to replace that.

I'm going to guess the tune.
This is what i was thinking i was going to contact them and see if anything they did would cause this.

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sounds like you purchased a chipped ecu with a basemap. It doesn't sound like you've had the car tuned like you need to.