96-00 sedan & coupe lights compatibility

710times

more info on the car. is it a coupe, sedan?? for tail lights you can use any 96-00 coupe if you have a coupe. and for the sedan you can only use sedan lights. and headlights dont matter from coupe to sedan and im not entirely to sure about the headlights, i know coupe and sedan interchange but 96-98 lights are different from 99-00 lights but i think they still bolt up the same. they just look different inside the light itself. Someone correct me if Im wrong.

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
more info on the car. is it a coupe, sedan?? for tail lights you can use any 96-00 coupe if you have a coupe. and for the sedan you can only use sedan lights. and headlights dont matter from coupe to sedan and im not entirely to sure about the headlights, i know coupe and sedan interchange but 96-98 lights are different from 99-00 lights but i think they still bolt up the same. they just look different inside the light itself. Someone correct me if Im wrong.
Everything is correct except 96-98 and 99-00 headlights are not interchangeable with each other and would require a full front end conversion.

710times

Ahhhhhhhhh ok. I had no idea. I thought it was just the reflectors. I've never put a 96-98 next to my 2000

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

HidekiPena

Yeah, I have a 2000 hatch with a 2000 coupe front end, 98 and 99-00 lights, fenders, hood and bumper are all cut to different lines. You can tell cause the grill on a 2000 coupe is bigger than the grill on the 98 or hatch.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

steviesmallfry

Respected
For my 96 EK Hatch...
I have seen the blacked/"smoked" tailights with the 3 red circles on it on ebay

But do they have any that are blacked/smoked/tinted that have the amber insert like the stock lights?

Or would it be best to put some kind of smoke/tint film on them or paint them?

steviesmallfry

Respected
I know what type of lights the car uses, I was wondering if anyone knew if anyone made aftermarket ones with amber inserts, or if I should just use Night Shades on it and tint them myself.