96-98 Civic Wing Spoiler, Best Options?

creizlein

I'm looking after a OEM style 96-98 Civic wing spoiler and i came across different brands/options around, I would like to get some feedback from your guys.
Is any of them better than the other or anyone has any experience?

CarID.com does sell PURE and JKS brand:
http://www.carid.com/1998-honda-civic-spoiler/pure-rear-spoiler-941401.html
http://www.carid.com/1998-honda-civic-spoiler/jks-rear-spoiler-1001927.html

CustomAutoTrim sells theirs:
1996-2000 Honda Civic Spoilers & Wings Part WG303

And also i found this one in eBay which is cheaper:
Civic 96 98 Sedan 4DR Door OE Factory Style Spoiler Wing w Light Unpainted | eBay

Anyone has experience with these and know which one is best?

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They all look to be about the same quality...go with the one on eBay, it's the cheapest.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Not sure about quality difference when it comes to the LEDs, but I had an eBay wing, and the LED brake light was a total POS. First day with a subwoofer and some of the LED's popped out and were rolling around inside the light. And I was listening to country music so it's not all about that bass haha.

Quality of the spoiler itself was fine though. Just something to think about as I'm not sure if the more expensive wings have better brake lights.

creizlein

Not sure about quality difference when it comes to the LEDs, but I had an eBay wing, and the LED brake light was a total POS. First day with a subwoofer and some of the LED's popped out and were rolling around inside the light. And I was listening to country music so it's not all about that bass haha.
That's a good information, i do have a subwoofer so most likely i will experience the same, hehehe, did you find any way around it? is it hard to open the light and replace the leds or something?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
That's a good information, i do have a subwoofer so most likely i will experience the same, hehehe, did you find any way around it? is it hard to open the light and replace the leds or something?
I looked into it and determined I had to replace the entire brake light. Since it was a knockoff eBay wing, I wasn't sure if OEM brake lights would fit. I just ended up going wingless lol.

creizlein

hahah, thats is a dramatic measure i would say, but good information mate, i will see how it goes with mine, i will let you know if same happens...

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Haha, I was going to remove the wing regardless. I ust never ended up fixing the issue, so to pass inspection I just disconnected the brake light on the wing and powered the OEM one behind the rear glass.

Good luck man keep us posted! :thumbs up