96 Civic SiR EK4 - S4C stuffed gearbox

mony434

Hey howzit goin, new as to the forum and my recently purchased 96 Civic SiR, but have already run into a gearbox problem which would probably need to be replaced.... Just want to know if the S4C gearbox comes stock non-LSD with EK4's.... and if so would it be worth while forking out for a LSD gearbox instead of the non-LSD. The car has custom headers, 2.5 inch exhaust system, cold air intake box, K&N airfilter, racing ignition leads, iridium sparks...... are these enough mods to justify upgrading to an LSD tranmission? Cheers in advance!

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
An lsd is an upgrade in itself, you don't need any other mods to take advantage of an lsd tranny. Is $800-1000 just for the lsd ok with you? You could probably find a used lsd gsr tranny or something to save a little cash. Get a quife or m factory unit if you have the cash

mony434

Sweet bro thanks for that, and yea i've been quoted around $1200-1500 mark for a second hand S4C LSD if I could get one for under $1000 I would be absolutely wrapped. However I live in New Zealand and those gearboxes are sparse... In terms of torque and acceleration what kind of changes could I expect to see with the LSD??